The Land Development Field VP/Director will be involved in the design process for the Master Planned Community (MPC), manage construction field operations and schedule for timely completion of the assigned projects and ensure adherence to the approved development budget of those projects to meet the company's business plans and objectives. The Land Development Field VP/Director will also work closely with outside vendors and contractors.
- Participate in due diligence on prospective projects to include creation/review of preliminary budgets and schedules for amenity and entry monuments; and review and provide comments on engineering plans and landscape architecture plans for amenity and entry monuments
- Create and manage project permitting, design and development schedules and provide project status reports/updates to the Managing Director at requested intervals
- Review and analyze submitted site development bid packages and make suggestions for award of work
- Work collaboratively on the design, review and approval of all project amenities and entry monuments. Lead the permitting, bid and award processes for each
- Assist in negotiating change orders regarding price and schedule - always being cognizant of the imperative focus needed to be on time, on vision, and on budget
- Manage the development at the field level through regular site visits and meetings with vendors as required. Including the oversight of all aspects of the development process for infrastructure installation, preparation of graded lots, landscaping, parks, amenities and entry monuments
- Engage and coordinate with jurisdictional officials, including Travis and Burnet County planning officials, permitting officers, and/or inspectors during attainment of approval for and the installation and inspection of infrastructure, lots, landscaping, hardscaping, irrigation systems, signage, parks, amenities, and entry monuments
- Interface with utility companies and other parties as needed during construction to ensure project stays on schedule
- Manage all aspects of the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination (NPDES) and Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) program for each assigned project
- Conduct or participate in on-site inspections, startups, final walkthrough, turnovers, etc. as required for the project
- Interface with Areté and local Thomas Ranch teams to ensure constant communication regarding timing, design elements, site access, and other landscaping and common area hardscape improvements
- Conducts all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company
- Oversight of financial performance, including but not limited to; budgeting/planning, forecasting, reporting (monthly financial reviews), vendor relationships, purchase orders, and capital charters
- Assist in reviewing and approving invoices and pay applications on assigned projects
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
About Thomas Ranch
Thomas Ranch will be a premier 2,200 acre master planned community near the shores of Lake Travis, just 30 minutes from downtown Austin. Nestled among the natural terraces, rolling valleys, and rocky outcrops of the Texas Hill Country, Thomas Ranch will feature uniquely designed and amenities neighborhoods, including a walkable downtown core, nature-immersed residential, and an ultra-luxe private community with an 18-hole David McLay Kidd golf course and a five-star boutique hotel. With 2+ miles of river frontage, extensive networks of trails and green space, 4,000 residential units, and 250k sq. ft. of downtown lifestyle amenity, Thomas Ranch serves the needs of one of the fastest-growing cities in the US and an increasingly sophisticated market within the path of high-net-worth growth in West Austin. About Areté Collective
Areté Collective is a luxury development company of private resorts and residential communities. From luxurious ski retreats to oceanside clubs, country resorts, and private estates, Areté's work embodies some of the finest architecture and design set among inspiring landscapes worldwide. We are a diverse collective of innovative problem solvers united by a passion for great design. Our award-winning team encompasses development, marketing, operations, and finance executives working alongside land planners, architects, and interior designers. With offices in Salt Lake City, Las Vegas, and Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, and satellite operations in Los Angeles, New York, and soon to be Austin, our extensive in-house capabilities provide a vertically integrated model that allows us to work efficiently and in sync across all teams. Areté embraces a development philosophy that respects nature, the environment, community, and cultures. Our projects are designed not only to bring well-being and happiness to those who call it home, but equally to enrich, revitalize, and give back to the environment and local communities.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business/Finance, and/or Construction Management desired; MBA or LERE (Land Economics and Real Estate) Program preferred.
- Seven to ten years related experience within master-plan communities and/or resort/hospitality development experience - and familiarity with roads and horizontal infrastructure construction oversight, including landscaping, irrigation systems, hardscape installation and maintenance
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral form or via Arete applications
- Strong communication skills (Written, presentation development, and oral)
- Proficiency with MS Office including Excel, Powerpoint, Project, and Word + CAD (not an MS program)
- Ability to multi-task and attention to detail
- Self-starter, who shows the initiative to work independently (entrepreneurial spirit) but works collaboratively also in a dynamic team environment
- Self-motivated/self-starter, entrepreneurial, ownership-minded - who will seek to identify future problems/opportunities for improvement and initiate or collaborate with teammates to develop solutions