Whether you are starting your career as a Surgical Tech or looking to start fresh, Advocate Aurora Grafton has a great opportunity for you. This team rocks! Amazing skills, professionalism and high engagement. Positions have minimal call rotation as compared to many other facilities. We will consider flexible hours after successful orientation (10s, 12s). What is your passion? We have exciting services that include complex orthopedics, robotics, and microvascular which will grow your skills. We offer a diverse model that prepares you for a fulfilling career in a community based-tertiary care facility.
We are looking for the best of the best to join our team. We are offering a Sign On Bonus of $12,000 for 3 years+ of experience/$8,000 0-3 years of experience.
Position Duties Include(not limited to)
- Performs a variety of preparatory, scrubbing and related services necessary to provide patient service in the operating room. Assists with surgical cases in all specialty areas.
- Provides for a clean, safe and efficient area conducive to optimal patient care. Utilizes aseptic surgical techniques in the preparation of materials, supplies and equipment for surgical procedures (e.g., assistance with gowning and gloving; preparation and draping of the surgical area; provision of a sterile field, instruments, suture and related materials; anticipation of the Surgeons needs; passing of instruments and/or supplies; holding of retractors, observing and reporting possible breaks in aseptic technique; and assisting in maintaining a sterile, dry, unobstructed field).
- Performs all types of procedures and maintains basic knowledge of a variety of procedures.
- Ensures the environmental disinfection, safety and efficiency of the operating room. This includes setting up the room for each case including moving equipment (i.e., tables, cameras, microscopes, fracture table, and instrument pans), operating the various types of equipment used during operating room procedures, and returning equipment post procedure.
- Functions as a Second Assistant as necessary.
- Notifies appropriate staff of equipment and supply problems.
- Transports patients and/or equipment and supplies.
- Maintains a specialty cart or item, ensuring its completeness and availability. This includes checking the working condition of equipment, sterility, and sending damaged items out for repair.
- Performs various patient positioning and transporting duties, which require lifting and pushing/pulling, while utilizing proper technique.
Mon - Fri, 1130 - 2000, weeknight, weekend and holiday on call per rotation.
Call is one weeknight every 2 - 3 weeks, one weekend every 2 - 3 months, and a holiday every 1 - 2 years ..its a sweet deal.
Licenses & Certifications
Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers certification issued by the American Heart Association (AHA) needs to be obtained within 6 months unless department leader has determined it is not required.
Completion of an accredited or approved program in Surgical Technology.
Required Functional Experience
No experience required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of aseptic surgical techniques used in the preparation of materials, supplies and equipment for various surgical procedures.Knowledge of various types of equipment used in the operating room.Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.Basic computer proficiency.Certification AddendumTeam members will maintain annual educational requirements for hospital based certifications (e.g. DNV, CARF or others).