Position: Support Worker
Hours: Shifts work, rolling rota pattern 7.15- 19.30, day shift or night shifts 19.15 - 07.30
Salary Details: £9.50 per hour plus pay rise pending
Coveberry Sherwood, part of The CareTech Group, is registered to support men and women with enduring mental health disorders and associated behavioural support needs which may disrupt their ability to consistently function independently or as part of a community, participate in employment, maintain positive relationships or cope with the demands of every-day life.
Currently, Coveberry Sherwood is only occupied by male residents, with the average age of 45, who enjoy taking part in activities within the community, and playing snooker.
Promoting independent living, the service is situated on the outskirts of Nottingham city centre and offers a gateway to a diverse range of educational, vocational and social activities.
So, the question is, are you a committed individual who wants to work with a company that understands how important Support Workers are to our residents recovery?
Do you share our Company Values - are you positive, friendly, empowering, person centred and innovative?
We are currently looking to appoint Full time Support Workers to join our friendly team at Sherwood.
- Experience in a Caring environment preferred, but not essential
- Able to work days, evenings, nights, weekends and Bank Holidays
- Good communication skills, allowing you to engage & interact with our residents
- Ability to keep calm under pressure
- Confidence to work alone and also be part of a team (family)
- Passionate about making a difference to someone else life
- Good written skills
- Able to fulfil the sleep-in duties in accordance with the agreed rota
- Driver preferred but not essential
Rewards & Benefits
- £250 Recommend A Friend Bonus
- Dedicated learning & development programmes
- Access to a wide range of free online courses for all staff on a variety of topics
- DBS check paid by Caretech prior to starting with us.
- Refer a Friend Reward Scheme - earn up to £250 per referral
- Free Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee recognition schemes
- Carer progression within the company
- CareTech Foundation - Opportunity to apply for family and friend's grants
Who we are!
Coveberry, is part of The CareTech Group; established in 1994, and is one of the largest providers of specialist social care services supporting 5000 adults with a wide range of needs in more than 300 services across the UK. Committed to the highest standards of care and governance, we provide innovative care pathways for vulnerable people to live in community settings. We support people to take control of their lives - this could be finding employment, having an active social life, learning new skills or building self-confidence.
CareTech Community Services are proud to inform you that they are a "Disability Confident Leader".
Successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure prior to commencement of employment, the disclosure expense will be met by the employer.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact every applicant. We will be in touch 7-10 days after receipt of your CV if progressing your application to the next stage.
Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES