Elderwood at North Creek is searching for dedicated and compassionate individuals to join our paid CNA training program, consisting of classroom and lab sessions, where they will learn the skills required to successfully complete the NYS CNA Certification Exam. The CNA exam consists of 2 parts (written and skills) and upon graduation assignments are most likely Full time or Part-time on an off shift, based on the needs of Nursing. Trainee preferences will try to be accommodated.
No previous experience is necessary.
Upon certification and assignment to a Nursing Unit: our CNAs performs direct and indirect care to promote the comfort, safety, convalescence and rehabilitation of residents as directed by Nurse Manager/Nursing Supervisor/Charge Nurse.
Training Program Details:
The classes will start soon! This is a free paid 100-Hour Training Program spread over 3 weeks, with an additional week for review and testing with the State. Perfect attendance is crucial as any days absent will be counted against the minimum 100 hours required and you forfeit your ability to test. All applicants must successfully pass the entrance exam, drug screen, background check, reference check, and NYS DOH Criminal History Record Check prior to the start of the program.
Finally, we have the ability to hire our Trainee's on as Support Aides so you have the ability to earn extra money before and during your paid trainings. When working as a Support Aide, shifts are available on days/evenings. No previous experience is necessary.
Classes typically run 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM Monday - Friday during classroom and lab sessions. Upon graduation assignments are Full or Part-time based on the needs of the Nursing Department.
Perks of the Job:
- Starting rate of $15/hour!
- Top Notch Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Generous PTO & holiday package
- Consistent work and holiday rotations to provide you with a great work/life balance
- Substantial Employee Referral program
- Friendly, Supportive Staff
- Enjoy a fun and diverse work environment
- Truly make a difference in our resident's lives while providing top notch care
#Talent #FunTimes #Joy #Healthcare #Teamwork #Promotefromwithin
Join Our Team: Are you ready to change your life with a rewarding career move ? Responsibilities:
Support Aide Responsibilities:
- Transport residents or accompanies ambulatory residents as assigned to various locations in the building including the dining room, activity program areas, therapy or treatment areas.
- Make unoccupied resident beds, as assigned.
Assist in the Dining Room with food service to residents, under the direction of licensed therapy staff; duties include passing trays, cutting meat, opening cartons or other containers.
Distribute supplemental nourishments to residents who do not need to be fed, as directed.
Conduct informal activities on the nursing unit when time permits, as directed.
Supply fresh water in resident's rooms, as directed.
Prepare bed and bedwear of resident's at hour of sleep, as assigned.
Help keep general areas of the assigned nursing unit neat and orderly, as directed.
Clean resident's equipment (wheelchair/geri chair, bed, etc.), as assigned.
Keep the rooms of residents orderly, as assigned.
Notify therapist of any unusual incidents regarding residents.
Base wages increase with experience!
From: USD $15.00/Hr. Qualifications:
Support Aide Qualifications:
- Sixteen (16) years of age required; high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Employment Certificate/Permit required for 16-17 years of age.
- No findings or convictions of resident abuse, mistreatment and misappropriation of property through any current or previous licensing agency.
Elderwood expects all current and new employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination. Employees may request a medical exemption from vaccination.
EOE Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.