WEG Transformers USA
Description: WEG: Our Company
Founded in 1961, WEG is recognized as one of the largest electric machine manufacturers in the world. WEG employs over 30,000 people around the globe and offers a diversified and integrated product line, with sales to more than 135 countries worldwide. Our U.S. operations are growing at an impressive rate and we're looking for talented individuals to help us move forward with this aggressive growth plan.
WEG is committed to building quality products and providing efficient solutions. To achieve this goal, we strive for continuous investment in innovation and team work. Helping people reach their goals by living the values of the company is a passion shared by everyone at WEG.
At WEG, our Values stand as: Human Company, Team Work, Efficiency, Flexibility, Innovation and Leadership.
As a Human Company, we value each individual contribution to our success, and we motivate people by means of integrity, ethics and constant support to personal development.
WEG, also, supports Green Initiatives such as the implementation of a company-wide recycling program, the use of green chemicals for office cleaning, the elimination of Styrofoam cups, and installation of HVAC economizers on rooftop units and an energy management system to improve overall energy efficiency. Role: Supply Chain Specialist/Buyer
In this role, see yourself as a driver who makes things happen and; supporting our Manufacturing Operations working as a Supply Chain Specialist for our Transformer Plants in Washington Missouri. You will be an integral part of the SCM Team, communicating with all areas of the company and a critical component insuring the success of our organization:
Some of your Key Duties
- Purchase raw materials, fabricated components and service in support of manufacturing;
- Communicate with suppliers to insure deliveries, quality of supply and price are meeting the needs of the organization.
- Review and manage inventory levels to minimize inventory while also insuring on time delivery of components to manufacturing schedule;
- Negotiation pricing and agreements with suppliers;
- Research and develop new suppliers to reduce cost and improve quality and service;
WEG offers competitive compensation, meaningful and exciting career options, as well as excellent benefits, including paid vacation, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), flexible spending accounts, life insurance, and disability. Read about our career opportunities below and inquire about being a member of our first-class team. Apply Today:
Do you have passion for Supply Chain?
Do you have an eye for detail?
Do you want to be part of a growing company?
If you answered "Yes" & meet our qualifications, we invite you to apply today to join the WEG Team!
We are Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience;
- High level experience in SAP or similar ERP systems;
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite Excel and PowerPoint;
- Strong attention to detail and ability to communicate with varying levels of employees;
- Resides within reasonable commuting distance--no relocation assistance available.
- Has current work authorization for employment in the United States.
- APICS CPIM Certification;
- Lean Manufacturing Experience;
- Negotiation Skills;
- 3-5 years prior experience in purchasing role