What you'll be doing?
As Senior Sous Chef, you will play a key role within our senior kitchen brigade in supervising the kitchen, organising the workload and delegating to junior chefs. Your will have gained your skills in a similar environment and use your skillset to demonstrate innovation, support with menu design and deputise in the Head Chef's absence.
You will motivate and inspire the team to work together effectively, leading by example and being proactive in self-development and the development of all members of the kitchen brigade.
What you'll need?
The successful candidate for the role of Senior Sous Chef will be professional, knowledgeable, and dedicated to providing Rosette Standard food. You will be required to work well within the team and lead by example to the brigade.
- You will already have gained credible experience within a professional food environment; with Professional Cookery qualification to Level 3-4 or proven experience; working at 2-3 rosette standard;
- A passion for food and ethically sourced produce, with a pride in its delivery to the plate;
- The ability to lead a section and chefs in ensuring food is prepped and ready for service - great timekeeping and organisational skills are key;
- A calm and supportive approach to development of a brigade particularly Apprentices and Commis Chef's and to be passionate about building and developing a talented brigade;
- To have a fresh and relevant approach to people management, creating the very best working environment for both the brigade and in liaison with the rest of the hotel team.
What's in it for you?
Eden Hotel Collection offers fantastic opportunities for anyone looking to progress their career within the hospitality industry. All of our employee's receive an individual learning Pathway with an opportunity to Grow with Eden' for professional and personal development, alongside being coached and mentored by some of the best in the industry.
If progression isn't your thing, that's fine too, we would still be interested in finding out more about you.
Minimum gratuities of £1700 per annum
Perks of Eden:
We recognise the importance of work life balance and so offer an enhanced annual leave entitlement of 31 days annual leave entitlement, rising to 33 days with service;
Stay & Dine - £50 BB per room 50% off food & 25% off drinks
Spa & Shop - Discounted products and treatments;
Relais & Chateaux, Small Luxury Hotels of the World and Pride of Britain Hotels - discounted stays - both UK and international;
Merlin Entertainment discount, including Warwick Castle, London Dungeon, Alton Towers and more!
Use of our gym facilities; and golf facilities.
And we care about the health and wellbeing of our teams, so you will get access to a confidential Employee Assistance Programme, Hospitality Action;