At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.
What you will be responsible for:
Following established procedures ensures accuracy and validity of all details of each security transaction executed by a portfolio trader. Facilitates timely and accurate communication/notification of trades to the relevant parties. Through broker and custodian interaction, the Senior Trade Management Specialist is responsible for timely settlement of all investment transactions.
- Verifies trade information to brokers and custodian banks.
- Monitors and master various trading and inventory systems for accuracy and exceptions based processing.
- Works closely with custodian banks to resolve any trade problems.
- Communicate/Notify all brokers, internal clients and custodian banks of same day/cash transactions.
- Maintenance of various databases related to cash and security settlement instruction for banks and brokers.
- Research and resolve open trade issues. Escalate trade issues to supervisor/manager where necessary.
- Trains new employees on departmental function and MFS functions.
- Performs more complex departmental functions with minimal guidance and knows all controls within the department.
- Prepares and updates procedures as requested.
- Handles special projects for team and helps direct Supervisor/Manager to monitor overall team performance.
- Bachelor's degree with minimum 3 years industry experience.
- Intermediate knowledge of financial transaction processing, settlements and corporate actions concepts and techniques.
- Strong Microsoft office skills.
- Ability to learn and master all inventory, accounting, and trading systems.
- Ability to provide exceptional client service to internal and external contacts.
- Superior communication, organization and prioritization skills.
- Ability to consistently perform in a time sensitive environment with multiple daily deadlines.
- Attention to detail, multi-tasking and problem solving skills are essential.
- Experience with Bloomberg, Eagle, and/or Heliograph preferred but not necessary.
What we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
MFS is a hybrid work environment (remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting .
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities, unless MFS approves an exemption as an accommodation due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission of an exemption request does not guarantee that an exemption will be approved or that the request can be accommodated.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at or email for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the EEO is the Law document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision , linked for your reference.