We are looking for a Senior Configuration Engineer to join us at Leonardo in Luton. Based in Luton, Leonardo's Electronic Warfare line of Business is a global leader in defence electronics and delivers mission critical systems for situational awareness, electronic warfare and surveillance across land, sea and air.
Your configuration management and data control skills will be used across the full product lifecycle: from requirements analysis; through design, procurement and manufacturing; to delivery to the customer and onwards into in-service support.
This role will give you the opportunity to apply your skills in assisting in the solution of real-life engineering problems on state-of-the-art projects and you will help to ensure that our products and services conform to their requirements.
What you will do:
- Managing the Configuration Engineering activities in a professional manner delivering optimised solutions into IPT's to meet their requirements
- Encouraging the use of best practise and provide technical leadership, coaching and mentoring to Engineering IPT's.
- Delivering the key elements of Configuration Management: Planning, Identification, Change Management, Status Accounting and Configuration Audit / Verification.
- Creating and reviewing CMP's.
- Stage and Design Review configuration assessments
- Managing the processing of Change Requests from initiation to final disposition and setting of POE.
- Determining Change Classification
- Preparing agenda, calling and chairing the CRB (Business Review of change)
- Carry out Change Implementation Planning and coordination into both the design and physical product
- Producing Configuration Baselines and Configuration Status Records
- Participation in Functional and Physical configuration audits and First Article Verification exercises.
What we are looking for:
- Excellent understanding of the five key elements of Configuration Management: Planning, Identification, Change Management, Status Accounting and Audit / Verification
- Experience of practical application of CM2 methodology.
- Configuration Management experience in the development of Safety critical products
- Experience of platform level baseline control is desirable.
- Preferably good understanding of Configuration Management in accordance with DEF STAN 05-57.
- Use of Product Management Tools essential, preferably Teamcenter version 13 (Unified) and SAP.
- Strong Administration Skills with an attention to detail - you are required to have a logical mind-set
- MRP Supply and Demand Planning awareness a distinct advantage
- Technical leadership & motivation of others - get most from people through effective leadership & empowerment.
- Delegation - ability to effectively delegate tasks to appropriate people and provide required level of support. Regularly monitor progress to ensure successful delivery.