Security- Resident Monitor (Full-time and Part-time shifts available)Job Code:
Residential Re-Entry ServicesDepartment:
Job Responsibilities: Position Summary: Currently various shifts available.
Responsible for monitoring and supervising adult male and female offenders within a correctional residential setting and in the community. Maintains accountability of offenders at all times and ensures adherence to all life safety, security, and sanitation requirements. This position also performs some general office duties. May be reassigned between two centrally located facilities as needed.Current Shift Needs:
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
3:00 pm - 11:00 pm
4:00 pm - 12:00 am
11:00 pm -7:00 am
12:00 am - 8:00 am
Part-time 5-hour shifts
Weekend Part-time openings: Saturday & Sunday with the above hours.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Mandatory overtime on all shifts.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness.
- Ability to work cooperatively with supervisors, co-workers, and contractors.
- Ability to work under deadlines and time pressures.
- Supervising clients in the facility (living quarters, recreation room, dining room, visitation, etc.).
- Instruct residents in the use of facility property.
- Enforce all house rules governing the residents.
- Instill good work and personal hygiene habits in residents.
- Supervise and inspect residents' assigned house chores.
- Check as required all locking devices, alarms, and security equipment.
- Conduct urine surveillance and administer breathalyzer test when required or deemed necessary.
- Make the required tours through the building including resident quarters
- Initiate counts of residents at irregular and specific intervals
- Conduct surveillance checks outside the facility.
- Prepare all required reports and documentation such as disciplinary and accidents, incidents reports, medical reports, escapes, residents' sign in/out sheet.
- Follow policy to make required notification of incidents and distribution of reports.
- Monitor and document medication usage.
- Give receipts to all residents who turn money over to program for savings, debts, fee payments, etc. and follow procedures for handling money.
- Motivate residents to follow program expectations by using motivational incentives to reinforce positive behaviors/ achievements and impose appropriate sanctions when needed for non- compliance.
- Maintain accountability of residents, facility control, life safety, environmental safety, and sanitation to adequately protect residents, staff, and the community.
- Attend training sessions as directed.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings.
- Monitor residents' activities while in the community.
- All other duties as directed to carry out the responsibilities of the position.
- Enforce all rules of offender supervision.
- Do accountability checks on residents who are signed out of facility on pass.
- Assist with new resident intake and orientation.
- Office duties:
- Greet and sign in/out visitors.
- Watch over inventory and order program supplies.
- Sort and distribute mail.
- Maintain supply of all forms.
- Coordinate office equipment repairs.
- Create forms and documents as requested.
- Manage client property.
- Place meal orders.
Job Qualifications: Minimal Qualifications:
Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is required. One year prior work experience in corrections or related security or other social service is preferred. Must clear Caregiver, STATE, and FEDERAL Background checks, physical exam, and drug screen prior to hire. Must have valid driver's license, automobile, and insurance sufficient to meet agency requirements. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and basic computer skills. Ability to communicate effectively and in a positive manner with staff and residents. Ability to de-escalate crisis situations. Must also be able to multi-task, use security equipment (metal detector wand). Must be comfortable performing pat searches for clearance of metal detector. Detail orientation required. Must also have a strong mindset to deter/resist manipulative people. Sensitivity toward cultural, ethnic, and disability issues. Experience with CCTV and other security related equipment preferred. Ability to learn evidence based best practices and apply skills learned to all residents interactions.
Other Job Information (if applicable): Physical Demands:
Must be able climb two to three flights of stairs and be mobile throughout the facility. Must be able to sit for extended periods of time, walk and stay awake while on shift. Must be able to evacuate occupants from building in less than three minutes in the event of an emergency. Requires ability to provide First Aid and CPR. Some lifting (50lbs) required with inventory packing. Schedule
Based on a two- week pay period: Shift for lst week: Sunday, Monday, Thursday, and Friday 7Pm- 7Am (Off Tuesday and Wednesday)
Shift for 2nd week: Saturday, Tuesday,and Wednesday 7Pm-7Am (Off Sunday, Monday, Thursday, Friday)