Nimble is a Series A startup founded from the AI labs at Stanford and Carnegie Mellon. We're pioneering the way robots learn to grasp and manipulate any object.
Our ultimate goal is to enable the dark warehouse, a fully automated eCommerce fulfillment center with swarms of intelligent, cloud-connected robots to enable affordable same-day fulfillment for every retailer, large and small. In the process we aim to create one of the world's most valuable robotics companies.
We're backed by the world's most prestigious investors as well as AI and robotics legends like Fei-Fei Li (Chief Scientist of AI at Google, Director of Stanford's AI lab) and Sebastian Thrun (founder of Google X, Waymo, Kitty Hawk, and Udacity)!Nimble's Core Values
About The Role
- Be relentlessly resourceful - Find a way to make the impossible, possible. Do whatever it takes.
- Be legendary - Be the best at whatever it is that you do. Leave your mark. Motivate and inspire others.
- Be humble - Leave your ego behind. Have a growth mindset. Learn and improve yourself every day.
- Be dependable - Take ownership and deliver. Be loyal to your team and Nimble's mission.
Help us advance our robotics moonshot by design, development and implementation of theoretical and practical robotic systems. Including perception, motion planning, kinematics, path planning, multi-agent path planning, and non-linear controls
You will play a critical role in working with our world-class cross-functional team to build the world's most advanced robotic systems for the world's biggest robotics opportunity!Responsibilities
- Define and execute engineering plans within robot perception, non-linear controls and motion planning, multi-agent path planning
- Develop, maintain and scale fault-tolerant and fail-safe robotic software
- Prototype, test, debug and deploy algorithms and robotic systems
- Develop advanced algorithms to obtain optimal real-time performance
- Provide input on all aspects of product development from brainstorming to final delivery.
- Welcome new challenges and work independently across disciplines to both investigate issues and identify solutions.
- Fast learner, A-player, great work ethic and ambitious
- BS/MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science, Robotics, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 1-3+ years of industry experience in robotics software or related field
- Experience with system architecture, design and development
- Strong experience writing production code in C, C++ and Python
- Ability to identify and resolve bugs and issues.
Nimble Robotics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We make all employment decisions based solely on merit. We provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state, federal or local laws.Nimble's Benefits
Enjoy the time you need to travel, rejuvenate, and connect with friends and family.Health Insurance
Nimble provides medical, dental, and vision insurance through several premier plans and options to support you and your family.Paid Parental Leave
Enjoy paid bonding time following a birth.Commuter Benefits
Take the stress out of commuting with access to fully-paid parking spots.Gym Reimbursement
Nimble offers employees reimbursements to invest in their health and fitness.Meals and Snacks
Enjoy unlimited free snacks and drinks in the office and catered meals 5 days a week.Referral Bonus
Get a cash bonus for any friend or colleagues that you refer to us that we end up hiring.401k
Contribute towards a 401k for retirement planning.Annual Team Retreat
Once or twice a year, join the entire company for a trip to pause work, relax and have fun as a team in destinations like Tahoe and Vegas.Equity
Be an owner in Nimble through our equity program