Resident Monitor-Part timeJob Code:
Community and Reintegration ServicesDepartment:
Parsons HouseFT/PT Status:
Job Responsibilities: Security Resident Monitor- Part time
This hourly part-time position, ideal for the student or retiree is responsible for monitoring and supervision of adult male offenders within a correctional residential setting and in the community. Maintains accountability of offenders at all times and ensures adherence to all life safety, security, and sanitation requirements. This position also performs some general office duties. May be reassigned to any program within the Residential Reentry Division with the the Milwaukee area as needed
. Essential Functions:
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness.
- Ability to work cooperatively with supervisors, co-workers, and contractors.
- Ability to work under deadlines and time pressures.
- Flexible to work at any facility within the Residential Reentry Division as directed.
- Supervising clients in the facility (living quarters, recreation room, dining room, visitation, etc.).
- Instruct residents in the use of facility property.
- Enforce all house rules governing the residents.
- Instill good work and personal hygiene habits in residents.
- Supervise and inspect residents' assigned house chores.
- Check as required all locking devices, alarms, and security equipment.
- Conduct urine surveillance and administer breathalyzer test when required or deemed necessary.
- Make the required tours through the building including resident quarters
- Initiate counts of residents at irregular and specific intervals
- Conduct surveillance checks outside the facility.
- Prepare all required reports and documentation such as disciplinary and accidents, incidents reports, medical reports, escapes, residents' sign in/out sheet.
- Follow policy to make required notification of incidents and distribution of reports.
- Monitor and document medication usage.
- Give receipts to all residents who turn money over to program for savings, debts, fee payments, etc. and follow procedures for handling money.
- Motivate residents to follow program expectations by using motivational incentives to reinforce positive behaviors/ achievements and impose appropriate sanctions when needed for non- compliance.
- Maintain accountability of residents, facility control, life safety, environmental safety, and sanitation to adequately protect residents, staff, and the community.
- Attend training sessions as directed.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings.
- Monitor residents' activities while in the community.
- All other duties as directed to carry out the responsibilities of the position.
- Enforce all rules of offender supervision.
- Do accountability checks on residents who are signed out of facility on pass.
- Assist with new resident intake and orientation.
- Office duties:
- Greet and sign in/out visitors.
- Watch over inventory and order program supplies.
- Sort and distribute mail.
- Maintain supply of all forms.
- Coordinate office equipment repairs.
- Create forms and documents as requested.
- Manage client property.
- Place meal orders.
Job Qualifications: Minimal Qualifications:
Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is required. One year prior work experience in corrections or related security or other social service is preferred. Must clear Caregiver and Background checks, physical exam, and drug screen prior to hire. Must have valid driver's license, automobile, and insurance sufficient to meet agency requirements.
Other Job Information (if applicable): Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Flexibility to cover other security shifts as needed.
- Flexibility to meet coverage needs across Residential Re-entry Division with in the City of Milwaukee
- All other duties as assigned.