- Receives hardcopy records for AAH team members from site HR and leaders and reviews/prepares them for scanning. Utilizes required document checklists and retention schedules to review records and determine which to be kept for scanning and which are not needed and can be shredded. Organizes documents to be scanned in appropriate order adding required header pages as needed.
- Scans and indexes hardcopy records within electronic document management system by identifying and selecting the correct team member name and employee id, document type, and other required employee and company demographic data.
- Receives, prepares, and indexes electronic records for AAH team members from multiple internal and external sources within electronic document management system. Preparation involves ensuring documents are complete and readable and splitting pages into multiple separate documents if/when needed. Indexing requires identifying and entering the correct team member name and employee id, document type, required work queue for follow-up and other key fields.
- Performs quality checks of scanned images and utilizes critical thinking and problem solving to make corrections and/or edits according to department guidelines and procedures.
- Periodically reviews hardcopy and electronic documents per defined records retention criteria and purges/shreds documents from AAH team member files that should no longer be maintained.
- Downloads and provides team member records from electronic document management system in support of requests from individual team members, site HR, and/or legal department. Records requests can be for individuals, or in response to subpoenas and other legal claims, as well as DNV, IDPH, and other compliancy audits. Reviews documents for completeness and accuracy prior to sending.
- Creates customer correspondence including emails and letters utilizing standardized worksheets and templates. Also creates customized correspondence as needed and requested. Reviews correspondence for completeness, accuracy, and correctness, and clarifies/updates content before sending. Prepares correspondence for mailing (USPS and/or email); and indexes all correspondence to on-line document management system by entering the correct team member name and employee id, document type, and other key fields.
- Utilizes system reports and spreadsheet data from both internal and external sources along with functional knowledge and critical thinking for review and update of departmental case management and other systems.
- Receives, opens, sorts and distributes hardcopy mail for HR Shared Services; collects and delivers outbound mail to site Facilities Mail Room.
- Provides other departmental administrative support activities including but not limited to monitoring and ordering supplies and stuffing envelopes for department correspondence.
Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification Required:
- Computer proficiency within
MS tools including Outlook,
Word, Excel. Prior electronic
document management systems
experience including electronic
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision; willingness to ask questions or seek direction as needed
- Strong attention to detail and quality focus
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and assignments to meet deadlines
- High sense of urgency for meeting commitments and completing assignments
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Analytical ability, including critical thinking to effectively evaluate information and make decisions based on findings
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job, including computers, printers, copiers, fax machines, and scanners.
- Occasionally lifts, pushes, pulls items weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Exposed to a normal office environment.
- This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.