Pleasae complete application and submit a resumePosition Description: "OUR PEOPLEAREOUR STRATEGY"We are growing and in need of a Quality ControlTechnician for our George Reed Inc. office.Come join a team with a great company culture that offers competitive wages and benefits!! We offerPaid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision Care Insurance. We offer a 401k program. A Pension Program, Life Insurance, AD&D and opportunities for growth and development.Opportunity is knocking!Start an exciting career with an industry leader.George Reed is hiring a Quality Control Technician to inspect production materials, prepare samples, and conduct routine and special laboratory testing to ensure compliance with National and local DOT standards on construction materials. This position will troubleshoot, maintain accurate and timely records, inspect, test, and perform Quality Assurance functions at the George Reed Hot Mix Asphalt and Aggregate production facilities.Position Requirements: Essential Functions
- Performs quality control inspection at the designated production facility for Hot Mix and Aggregates.
- Performs routine testing associated with plant inspection and special testing projects.
- Produce and maintain accurate and timely data for all construction products at the designated production facilities.
- Perform testing and inspection of all raw materials associated with the production of hot mix or aggregates used in hot mix.
- Daily input of data into AGGQC and ACQC for all data produced during testing and inspections.
Equal Opportunity Employer: AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
- A minimum of three years of experience testing construction materials, and/or plant inspection preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven leadership qualities.
- Must possess the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects utilizing organizational skills and communication skills.
- Strong sense of responsibility regarding timely and accurate completion of work, and a strong commitment to corporate goals.
- Must be capable of functioning in a fast-paced and demanding working environment.
- Caltrans certifications 100 Series, 200 Series, 300 Series, or equivalent work experience.