In need of a Full Time, Quality Assurance Technician - experience preferred! Even better if the experience came from a metal plating background. Do you have an eye for catching imperfections in a product? Can you handle customer's concerns?
Avtec Finishing, provides quality metal finishing to our customers, in a timely manner.
What are we looking for? Someone that wants to earn a good living, while providing our customers with quality finishes that get delivered on time. An employee that will actively participate in protecting our reputation for high standards. A hardworking, smart, energetic, dedicated employee with a can-do attitude and an awesome attendance record. A real problem solver.
Every employee plays an important role in our success. Proud to offer a compensation package that includes a better than average wage, benefits, paid holidays, PTO the first year, regular reviews, attendance rewards, bonuses, and more!.
Current schedule: Mon-Fri Dayshift
$25 + based on experience and qualifications.
plus a $5000 Signing Bonus (not applicable to current employees)
- Inspect in-process and completed product to ensure compliance with customer requirements and company quality control standards.
- Troubleshoot testing problems, writing and auditing or maintaining quality procedures.
- Provide analytical support to quality assurance engineer or manager.
- Contract review responsibilities.
- Answer customer call questions regarding quality issues and/or concerns.
- Enter cost of quality data into system.
- Update and maintain company specification library.
- Certify plating process on orders requiring certifications.
- Inspect and review orders in non-compliance area with NRB personnel for internal and customer return jobs.
- Complete non-conformance, root cause analysis and corrective action paperwork when required by customer.
- Calibrate and maintain records for all inspection equipment: gauge pins x-ray, edi-mag testers (weekly, monthly, annually).
- Maintain daily charts and calibration records for ovens.
- Review test data as required by Department Manager.
- Interact with customers ina professional manner on quality and customer service issues.
- May train production personnel in aspects of the quality program or working with suppliers or customers on quality issues.
- Assist in shipping when required.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 4 years of quality assurance experience in a plating environment.
- Quality Assurance certification/training or equivalent experience required.
- CEF certification preferred.
- Plating experience helpful.
- Previous experience and working knowledge of quality systems processes and procedures required (ISO and NadCap).
- Outstanding customer service skills and the ability to maintain composure in stressful situations.
- "Whatever it takes" mentality with strong desire to satisfy the customer.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to give clear instructions.
- Working knowledge of our plating process characteristics and limitations.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and drawings.
- Ability to maintain a regular and reliable attendance record.
- Ability to manage multiple jobs at the same time.
- Fluency in reading, writing, clearly speaking and understanding of English.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
Want to apply? Remember that anything submitted for consideration is the first step in the selection process and shows a reflection on you, so make sure your resume is up to date and you answer the questions provided to you. It's easy, just click on APPLY button.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
The Lindgren Group must comply with ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations). These regulations may restrict persons of Non-US citizen status from working/participating/observing/or other form of gathering knowledge about certain activities within the company.
The Lindgren Group, including Avtec Finishing and Nico Products is an equal opportunity employer. Veterans encouraged to apply.