Job Family Group:
Are you ready to do something remarkable? Ready to collaborate with an incredible team to solve problems that improve people's lives? Meet Ingevity.
At Ingevity, we develop innovations that purify, protect and enhance the world around us. Our products enable oil to flow better, crops to grow fuller, roads to last longer and ensure that the air we all breathe is cleaner.
Our people come from all different backgrounds and help reimagine new possibilities daily. We understand there is no challenge too big and no contribution too small. We seek out new ideas for tackling complex problems and celebrate achieving the improbable. We value each person's unique talents and synergize them to create meaningful impact and sustainable solutions for our customers and our world.
Bold. Energetic. Ingenious. Genuine. If these qualities describe you, we'd love for you to join Ingevity!
How you will impact Ingevity:
- Accurately perform wet chemical and instrumental analyses in accordance with procedures for in-process and shipment samples.
- Entry of in-process and shipment data into management databases (Proficy and SAP).
- Verify quality of products and critical raw materials.
- Packages and retains shipment samples.
- Perform instrument preventative maintenance and function checks.
- Preparation and standardization of reagents.
- Communicate and record information in verbal, written and electronic forms.
- Maintain required records, including SPC charts and lab notebooks.
- Perform equipment and instrument calibrations.
- Review and train on new test methods and new instrument operation procedures.
- Support various technical groups with analytical requirements.
- Prepare Individual Performance Plan.
- Participate in R&R studies.
- Train new Technical Specialists.
- Perform duties of Evacuation Coordinator during plant evacuation.
- Perform daily and weekly laboratory safety inspections.
- Perform laboratory housekeeping activities, to include sample retain management.
- Use safe work practices and maintains awareness of all emergency procedures.
- Utilize a variety of laboratory instruments: Karl Fischer, GC, GPC, IC, FT-IR, UV/VIS, and X-Ray fluorescence.
What you need to succeed:
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Associate in Chemical Engineering, or related field required. Two years of Chemical lab experience or chemical plant industrial experience will be considered in lieu of formal education.
- Laboratory experience and instrumental analysis preferred.
- Proficient in the operation of computers and software, documentation, and multi-tasking.
- Must be able to communicate information in a clear, concise manner required.
- Must have sufficient physical dexterity to perform laboratory evaluations accurately and timely.
- Shift work and overtime required.
- This role is not eligible for employment visa sponsorship. The successful candidate must not now, or in the future, require sponsorship to work in the US.
Ingevity is a company made up of extraordinary people of every race, religion and background, all worthy of the same dignity. Our differences are one of our great strengths. Join us in building a culture of increasing diversity and respect - a culture where everyone belongs.
Ingevity is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Recruiting Agencies: Ingevity does not accept unsolicited resumes and therefore, will not be responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.