Project Manager, Iowa
DES, Urbandale, IA, US
4 days agoRequisition ID: 1123
Kirkham Michael is an award-winning multi-disciplined civil engineering firm dedicated to the success of our clients. We provide full-service engineering from concept to final design and construction engineering services. Kirkham Michael provides integrated engineering and construction services to a wide variety of public and private clients. We are a dynamic firm focused on our clients success and we fulfill project and program needs from initial concept through implementation with innovative, yet practical solutions. We employ results-oriented professionals in offices throughout Nebraska, Iowa, and Kansas.
Kirkham Michael continually invests in our people and their skills to maximize the value delivered to our clients. Our engineering expertise, clear communications, and commitment to our clients success have been proven time and again on successful projects throughout the region.
Kirkham Michael is a growing company with great benefits. Join us today!
The ideal candidate is a driven individual focused on building a career with our team with professional presence, solid decision-making, planning, and organizational skills. May serve as Project Engineer on assigned projects. Applies broad knowledge of principles and practices in a specific practice area. Independently evaluates, selects, and adapts standard techniques, procedures, and criteria. Acquires general knowledge of principles and practices of related fields, and ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams. Works on multiple projects of moderate size or portions of major projects. Implements quality program. This is an opportunity to really challenge your critical thinking with a significant opportunity for career growth!
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Designs a complete project, system, component, or process.
- Prepares complete project documents.
- Designs and conducts experiments and analyzes and interprets data.
- Formulates and solves problems.
- Plans and coordinates detailed aspects of the engineering services.
- Prepares scopes, budgets, and schedules for assignments.
- Assists with proposals to provide professional services or obtain funding for engineering projects or programs.
- Receives general direction on key objectives.
- Receives guidance when necessary on unconventional or complex problems, direction on modified techniques, and new approaches on assignments with conflicting criteria.
- Interacts with clients, customers, officials, contractors, and others.
- Attends project meetings and presents specific aspects of engineering assignment.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of civil engineering to construction projects
- Member of and actively participates in professional practice organization, chair of local program or committee.
- Organizes and leads community service programs.
- Assigns tasks to and directs engineers, technicians, and administrative staff.
- Works primarily in an office environment, with some work in the field (outdoors) depending on the task being performed.
- Sitting, standing, walking, ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Less than 5% of travel is required for this position.
Required Education and Experience
Requirements that are job-related and consistent with business necessity.
- Bachelor s Degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited program. Master s degree or Equivalent.
- 8 years of experience preferred
- Professional Engineering License
Preferred Education and Experience
Preferences that are job-related and consistent with business necessity.
- Engaged in life-long learning to maintain knowledge of contemporary issues.
- High level of energy; great at problem solving.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong technical/qualitative writing ability.
- Strong sense of urgency and self-initiative to meet client deadlines.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We provide career growth opportunities and recognize and reward an individual's contributions, efforts, and teamwork. Kirkham Michael is a great place to work where you can achieve both your professional and personal goals. Kirkham Michael offers a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. We have an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP), 401K plan, professional membership and tuition reimbursement program, an employee assistance program, and a flexible spending account. At Kirkham Michael, employees are rewarded based on performance. You create your own destiny!
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
Kirkham Michael is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.