This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives- where your purpose accelerates our mission.
About Baxter's Cleveland, MS Facility:
- Cleveland's technology and automation is cutting edge. It is the U.S. sole source for plastic pour bottles, glass IV bottles, and various reconstitution devices. This facility produces several major product lines with a diverse array of automated manufacturing technologies ranging from bottle solution filling, injection molding, and device assembly.
- Our Cleveland plant has been an integral part of Baxter for over 70 years. The work is challenging and rewarding, as Baxter offers competitive compensation and benefits. Baxter encourages and values every employee and believes that all can contribute to advancing healthcare for patients; work to be proud of.
About the Position:
- This position is a key role in the Injection Molding and Devices. Primary focus will be on implementing continuous improvement, new business, and capacity expansion projects. Additional focus will also be on manufacturing equipment reliability and process support work within the Injection Molding and Device Operations. Cross-functional project management will be involved in this role as well.
- Specific project work will include -
- Installation/commissioning of multiple new automated device assembly machines into existing cleanroom space.
- Modifying existing cleanroom space to match requirements for the new equipment footprint and desired process flow.
- Installation/commissioning of new molds and mold machines into existing cleanroom space for new molded components.
- Relocation of some existing mold machines to optimize cleanroom space and make room for new mold machines.
- Validation/Qualification activities for new molds, machines, assembly equipment, and cleanroom modifications.
- Assist Project Manager with required project planning, project controls, and procurement work
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design/modify precision assembly and/or manufacturing equipment.
- Manage multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Prepare estimates for various tasks and projects.
- Manage capital projects both directly and through coordinating engineers.
- Drive Continuous Improvement Activities.
- Interface with plant and corporate groups as well as contractors and vendors.
- Manage start-up, debug, and commission of new manufacturing processes.
- Equipment life cycle management including: upgrades, replacement, and decommissioning
- Product life cycle management including: product design changes, material changes, Supplier Notice of Change (SNC) assessments, specification changes, etc.
- Provide technical support/troubleshooting to all plant departments.
- Demonstrate proactive communication and problem solving.
- Responsible for supporting and achieving Value Improvement Projects (VIP's).
- Responsible for always adhering to FDA Design Control standards.
- Responsible for adhering to and maintaining all department Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), forms, and logbooks.
- Generate technical documents, reports, equipment specifications, and interpret technical drawings/schematics
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering Required (Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical, or Computer degrees are preferred)
- 1 or more years Engineering / Manufacturing experience. FDA manufacturing preferred.
- Programming/troubleshooting experience with automation controls, automated assembly, control systems, PLC's, HMI's, servo's, and vision inspection systems is preferred.
- Design software experience (like AutoCAD, Solidworks, etc.) is preferred.
- Six Sigma Master Black Belt Certification or industry standard equivalent is preferred.
- Plastic injection molding experience is a plus.
- Project Management skills and experience (including Microsoft Project software) are a plus.
- Lean Manufacturing skills and experience are a plus.
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice .