Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine?
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
Process Dynamics & Control Lead, GMSci
- Develop and implement product-specific manufacturing unit operation process dynamics and control strategies, i.e., leveraging on established digital platforms and infrastructure to create digitizable numeric (mechanistic, hybrid and statistical) models for product-specific unit operation simulation that incorporates parameters and fundamental properties such as thermodynamics, transport phenomena, fluid dynamics and molecular kinetics
- Lead assessment and piloting of novel PAT & sensor integration and control technologies that could catalyze meaningful improvements for manufacturing process control
- Lead and establish process simulation capabilities (dry-lab) for process visualization, trouble shooting, problem solving and predictive modeling
- Drive to achieve manufacturing process efficiency improvements with measurable results, e.g., reduce process deviations and discard/failure rates, improve yields and productivity and ensure high product quality, and ensure applicability across OpUs
- Partner with R&D/Pharmaceutical Sciences on integrating process control concept during product development phase and building mechanistic, hybrid and statistical models for process simulation
- Lead and implement GMSci Process Dynamics and Control Engineering strategy with shared objectives & key results with DD&T and clear measurable expected outcomes
- Cultivate interfaces with key stakeholders, i.e., other GMSci functions (Plasma, SM and Bio), OpU's, GQ, SBE, DD&T, GE, PharmSci etc., for project/program execution
- Be an active thought contributor participating in GMS Agile 4.0 on manufacturing process innovation and technology adoption
- Provide RAPID Response, investigation support with data & data insight
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise:
- Proven track-record in applied computational sciences, such as control design and process simulation, statistical, mechanistic/hybrid modeling, large scale database architecture and multivariate data analytics, good understanding of chemical, biological and drug dosage form processes
- Experience with proven track record on integrating digital capabilities into industrial manufacturing processes
- Imaginative and creative practitioner harnessing best technologies and methodologies available for industrial process digital transformation
- Excellent communication skills - ability to translate complex technical information into narratives that would be comprehensible by non-experts
- Experience with Discoverant, SIMCA Online & Offline & OSI PI
- Be the ambassador of the vision and goals with passion for digital transformation
- Articulate actionable digital manufacturing strategy in alignment with key stakeholders, i.e., GMS-LT, OpU's, SBE, DD&T, GE, GQ and PharmSci.
- Commit to deliver measurable results from achieving high level process control based on the concept of PROCESS is the PRODUCT; spread enthusiasm for digitalization of unit operation and dynamic process control by demonstrating clear benefits on advancing manufacturing from current state to a fully digitized state.
Decision-making and Autonomy:
- Lead day to day coordination, covering all process dynamics and control projects/programs and assess technologies in tandem with OPUs/functions/DD&T
- Cultivates relationships with colleagues within GMS and other business functions, e.g., R&D, DD&T articulate clear benefits to be gained from implementing digital manufacturing
- Participates in scientific and industry trade organization activities
- Identifies opportunities and anticipates changes in the business landscape through an understanding and ongoing assessment of the environment affecting the business.
- Understands differences in practices across organizations or countries, and supports to balance local demands and perspectives with global strategies.
- Supports an environment that promotes information exchange and the open and honest expression of opinions, thoughts and beliefs.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.