Are you thinking about improving your career development and your professional growth? We invite you to join one of the most successful international logistics organizations here at Kuehne+Nagel. Our New York branch is looking for a new National Transpacific-Eastbound Pricing Analyst to join their Sea Logistics team.
As a National TPEB Pricing Analyst, you will be part of the national pricing team that is responsible for pricing guidance to regional pricing teams and for managing the corporate response to long-term, global RFQs with the goal of maximizing success rate and yield on the TPEB trade lanes. You will work in a diverse, dynamic environment to develop and implement pricing strategy for one of the largest TPEB freight forwarders. You will have the opportunity to digest market data and test pricing theories to provide win-win pricing to our customers. You will partner will a variety of stakeholders within the North American Trade Management team, as well as with global teams from Asia to Europe, to win in the market and achieve sustainable growth.
- Develop pricing strategy and make dynamic pricing decisions.
- Analyze TPEB sea freight market trends (IMO 2023, tradelane capacity, vessel utilizations, etc.) to make rate decisions within the overall growth framework.
- Manage and update pricing and contracts for existing and new customers.
- Create operations standards for individual customers.
- Manage working relationship with ocean carrier.
- Handle multiple priorities and establish liaison between external and internal key stakeholders.
- Take part in market discussions (supply and demand, pricing, policies effect on key players in the industry, etc.) by attending and leading weekly carrier meetings.
- Negotiate rates with ocean carrier to ensure coverage of new and existing business.
- Manage RFQ process for over 300 global key accounts as a team.
- Take part in commercial decision making for no/no-go strategy.
- Formulate timeline and drive completion of each RFQ.
- Identify gaps in information and problem solve throughout the RFQ process.
- Post-mortem should RFQ result in failure.
- Utilize logistics knowledge and advanced analytics to develop sea freight projects and solutions.
- Create solutions that reduce costs and improve tender successful ratio..
- Develop and utilize software solutions to audit and normalize data used for analysis.
- Discover patterns found in mixed data streams..
- Build data visualization dashboards to help make supply chain decisions.
- Design tools to improve the efficiency of report generation.
- Build processes to collect and refresh data regularly from real time production environment.
Your Skills and Experiences
- Bachelor's degree in economics, business administration, supply chain management or related field.
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with data analytics tools, such as Tableau.
- Knowledge of geographic and seasonal trends in the ocean freight industry.
- Exceptional Excel and data management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- 1+ years of experience working in the TPEB freight industry at an ocean carrier or freight forwarder.
- Experience with programming languages, such as VBA, SQL and/or Python.
- Global experiences and cultural agility working with international colleagues and offices.
- Experiences consulting high profile clients and internal/external stakeholders.
- Passionate about using technology, innovation and analytics for process improvement.
- Ability to direct and lead interaction with strategic partners and customers to grow business.
Good Reasons to Join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment. Kuehne+Nagel's general working model is four (4) days office and one (1) day remote. However, some positions may offer a different hybrid model depending on the job location, function, etc. The working schedule specific details will be discussed in your job interview. Kuehne+Nagel reserves the right to change or adjust the working model policy.