Heniff Transportation provides best-in-class supply chain solutions to our valued customers by utilizing our network of supply chain services and resources. We focus on creating extraordinary growth and value across the markets, industries, and customers we serve through outstanding safety, innovation, and service performance. We accomplish this through one of the largest, fully integrated networks of terminals, transload and tank wash facilities in North America and now in Canada. We strive to be the BEST at everything we do.
This position is responsible for ordering Truck and Trailer parts for the organization, monitoring inventory levels, moving parts between shops, and returning parts to vendors as applicable. The role provides parts to technicians for the correct job being accomplished. In addition, the position properly annotates all parts, comments, and warranties in maintenance management software.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Parts Clerk orders and track parts needed by technicians daily
- Assign parts to repair orders as necessary
- The Parts Clerk receives parts from vendors and check invoices for accuracy
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of parts room
- The Part Clerks ensures accuracy of invoices and delivery receipts
- Perform other duties as required
- The Parts Clerk reports directly to The Parts Supervisor
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or General Educational Degree (GED); or equivalent vocational school
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.
- Experience with parts for Class A vehicles
- Solid communication skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to be good with numbers
- Strong customer service orientation, ensuring needs and deadlines are met in a timely fashion
- Demonstrate a positive, proactive and motivated attitude
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently
- This position is required to Push, Pull, or Lift up to 75lbs
- This position is required to fit into a 20 cargo trailer dome opening.
- This position is required to meet safety standards for fall protection harness - max weight 310 (includes all PPE worn).
- Use their hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Bend or twist their body.
- Repeat the same movements.
- Kneel, stoop, crouch, or crawl.
- Walk or for long periods of time.
- Make quick, precise adjustments to machine controls.
- Use one or two hands to grasp, move, or assemble objects.
- Use fingers to grasp, move, or assemble very small objects.
- Bend, stretch, twist, or reach out.
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away.
- Hold the arm and hand in one position or hold the hand steady while moving the arm.
- Move two or more limbs together (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while remaining in place.
- React quickly using hands, fingers, or feet..
- Use stomach and lower back muscles to support the body for long periods without getting tired.
- See details of objects that are more than a few feet away.
- See differences between colors, shades, and brightness.
- Adjust body movements or equipment controls to keep pace with speed changes of moving objects.
- Hear sounds and recognize the difference between them.
- Focus on one source of sound and ignore others.
- Choose quickly and correctly among various movements when responding to different signals.
- Coordinate movement of several parts of the body, such as arms and legs, while the body is moving.
- Make fast, repeated movements of fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Use muscles for extended periods without getting tired.
- Determine the distance between objects.
- Keep or regain the body's balance or stay upright when in an unstable position.
- See objects in very bright or glaring light.
- Determine from which direction a sound came.
- Move arms and legs quickly.
- While looking forward, see objects or movements that are off to the side.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- May be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to feel; reach with hand and arms, and stoop, kneel or crouch as needed.
- Specific vision requirements include the ability to see at close range, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to operate in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- This position routinely uses office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, file cabinets, and fax machines.
At Heniff, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Heniff treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes and general treatment during employment, including on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status, or disability.