Carpenter Technology Corporation is a leading producer and distributor of premium specialty alloys, including titanium alloys, nickel and cobalt based superalloys, stainless steels, alloy steels and tool steels. Carpenter Technology's high-performance materials and advanced process solutions are an integral part of critical applications used within the aerospace, transportation, medical and energy markets, among other markets. Building on its history of innovation, Carpenter Technology's wrought and powder technology capabilities support a range of next-generation products and manufacturing techniques, including novel magnetic materials and additive manufacturing. Carpenter's Latrobe Specialty Metals operations, based in Latrobe, PA., was acquired by Carpenter Technology in 2012 and manufactures high-performance specialty alloys serving aerospace, energy and other demanding markets.
OPERATIONS PLANNING ANALYST - Latrobe, PA
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE ANALYST - OPERATIONS PLANNING
- Assist in the material flow functions in support of the synchronous material/order flow through the manufacturing process as directed.
- Develop knowledge of the key methods, tools, and measures required to maintain the material/order flow through a manufacturing department.
- Under close supervision, identify short term capacity or material/order flow constraints preventing the dependable scheduling or reliable shipment of orders.
- Develop an understanding of the key activities and responsibilities of order flow from the point of order submittal through the completion and shipment of the order.
- Responds to standard requests from internal and/or external customers.
- Ensures a safe work place.
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned.
REQUIRED FOR THE ANALYST - OPERATIONS PLANNING
- Four year degree with a concentration in Business, Industrial Engineering, Operations, Planning or Logistics preferred.
- Minimum of one year experience in one of the following disciplines: Order Scheduling, Production Planning, Inventory Management, Logistics, or Manufacturing Management. APICS certification desired.
PREFERRED FOR THE ANALYST - OPERATIONS PLANNING
- Knowledge of problem solving techniques and data collection resources.
- Working knowledge of Shop Floor Data Control Systems, OORS, MPPS, PICS.
- Working knowledge of various software applications such as Lotus Notes, Word, Excel, and Carpenter's Intranet.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and make appropriate decisions.
- Ability to operate a computer workstation.
- Ability to work and solve problems in a production oriented environment.
- Ability to follow direction, policies, procedures and standard processes.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.
Carpenter Technology Corporation's policy is to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans.