This job is located in Hamburg.
CNA Trainee starting rate: 15.00/hr
Have you always been a caretaker by nature? Perhaps you are a nursing student, former CNA, HHA or PCA? This is an opportunity to make a difference (and a paycheck), up close and personal, helping to take care of loved ones at Elderwood at Hamburg. Apply today to our PAID Nurse Aide Trainee Program.
The Nurse Aide Trainee Program (CNA Training Track) provides insight into the direct care role by providing the opportunity to train alongside our clinicians, completing tasks for our resident population. Apply as a Nurse Aide Trainee and be slotted into the next available Nurse Aide Training Program to become a CNA. Training takes place on-site at Elderwood at Hamburg.
Next class will start in September
Nurse Aide Trainee (CNA Training Track) Overview:
- Elderwood's CNA Training course will last for three weeks, Monday to Friday from 7:30a-3:30p (times may vary slightly). Until you are officially slotted for training, you will be designated on a specific shift as a Nurse Aide Trainee.
- First two weeks are classroom training; third week will be the clinical portion.
- Once you pass, your status (and pay) will be adjusted from Nurse Aide Trainee to CNA.
- Elderwood will pay for the CNA certification test as well as any applicable onboarding requirements, including but not limited to PPD and Physical for eligible candidates.
- Training is PAID - you will be clocked in as a Nurse Aide Trainee during training hours and get paid while you train.
Temporary Round Trip Transportation provided for all shifts. Please communicate this need to our HR Office.
Join Our Team: If making a difference in someone's life is important to you, join our team today! Employee Perks!: 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match, Close to thruway entrances/exits, Employee of the Month recognition, Free On-Site Parking, Generous PTO & holiday package, Life Insurance, Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Point-earning employee reward program: redeem for prizes!, Tuition reimbursement program Responsibilities:
Nursing Assistant Trainee team members assist with ensuring the health and well-being of our residents by participating as a student in a Nursing Assistant 100-Hour Training Program and completing certification within 120 hours of training start date.
From: USD $15.00/Hr. Qualifications:
- Minimum 17 years of age required; high school diploma or
- Employment Certificate/Permit required for 17 years of age.
- No findings or convictions of resident abuse, mistreatment, and
misappropriation of property through any current or previous
licensing agency required.
Elderwood expects all current and new employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination. Employees may request a medical exemption from vaccination.
EOE Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.