** This position is eligible to work in a hybrid work model (combination of in-office and remote days). **
The NE IV leads in the planning, forecasting, implementation and identification of resource requirements for network systems of varying (moderate to high) complexity in the Charter STAMP (staging, testing, and MOP practicing) environment. Follows corporate standards, develops and implements network enhancements and makes recommendations for improvement. Responsible for implementation of approved network architecture and designs. Work with and leads other STAMP engineers in staff development efforts.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Responsibilities include triage network/service outages, troubleshooting, root cause analysis
- Analyze release notes for upcoming code releases and report any issues found with the logic and/or MOPs.
- Works with APO CIO team to manage and execute development enhancements for STAMP network NDC and RDC requirements to service customers and maintain parity with existing production network standards
- Collaborate with many groups, including IT, Advanced Engineering, Core Backbone Operations, Datacenter & Cloud Operations.
- Using a variety of network tools in use by Charter, design, develop and maintain documentation on the Charter STAMP environment.
- Work with internal customers to troubleshoot and resolve complex interworking problems, data feed issues and user reported product issues.
- Understands, can prioritize and resolve security issues as identified and notified by NETSECOPS
- Identify and execute strategic customer focused operational projects by coordinating changes to configurations and any SW/HW upgrades
- Provide documented in-depth technical solutions and training for customer and other engineers as required
- Effective communication skills with ability to clearly explain ideas and influence decisions
- Skilled at technical documentation of SOPs/MOPs, walk thru guides, graphs/charts, Powerpoints, Lucid/Visio drawings
- Familiarity with methods and tools for inventory control/forecasting
- Adept with PCAP analysis and ability to view sessions, transactions and diagnose issues
- Understands principles of Change Management and risk mitigation to all environments
- Perform other duties as requested by manager.
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and / or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum six (6) years of network/systems engineering work experience.
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in the ISP or Telcom industry.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience with PCAP analysis.
#LI-AK ENE312 321635 321635BR
- Must have in-depth knowledge of Network products, network management, and customer support in the field.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve complex network problems.
- Python scripting experience preferred.
- Good understanding of security issues and how to resolve them
- Good understanding of networking concepts (CCNA/CCNP certification a plus).
- Linux certification a plus.
- Good understanding of virtual environments (VMWare, etc )
Here, employees don't just have jobs, they build careers. That's why we believe in offering a comprehensive pay and benefits package that rewards employees for their contributions to our success, supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage of life.
The pay for this position has a salary range of $85,900.00 to $152,300.00
. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses.