This position is eligible for a minimum of $30,000.00 Sign-On Bonus
Sign-On Bonus is not permitted for internal candidates
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
The Common Electronic Products Department (CEPD) within Raytheon Missiles & Defense (RMD) is in search of a Section Leader with experience in E3 Test and Labs, E3 Requirements, Spectrum Management and RF Safety to join our team in Tucson, AZ.
This branch of CEPD is a services-based internal customer-facing organization whose breadth includes E3 test and design as well as compliance activities corresponding to labs, Spectrum Management and RF Safety. The selected candidate would be expected to lead a section of approximately 10-18 multi-functional engineers across multiple disciplines. Due to the lab responsibility of this Section Leader, this position requires at least an 80% on-site presence.
We value diverse skills and experience, so don't hold back. Your qualification could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you're passionate about what you could accomplish here, we'd love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Performance management and career development activities
- Support hiring efforts (resume reviews, interviews, etc)
- Support and/or drive department initiatives and goals
- Effective and efficient program execution to reduce risk/cost through engagement with program IPTs
- Be an active participant on the functional leadership team supporting business activities within the Electrical Products team at RMD
- On-site operations and coordination of the EMI Lab at RMD to support product qualification and engineering efforts.
- On-site enforcement of lab and qualification process and standard rigor per MIL-STD-461 and Raytheon Technologies policies
- Align and enforce EMI Test Lab, Compact Antenna Range (CAR), and CEPD engineering labs compliance with overarching lab posture.
- Responsible for EMI test strategic initiatives pertaining to test facility and equipment needs across the greater Raytheon Technologies enterprise.
- Lead strategic initiatives for Spectrum Management and RF Safety disciplines across functional, program, and corporate enterprises
- Lead strategic efforts to standardize E3 processes at the RMD enterprise level
- Further the E3/EMI disciplines through proposal of functional projects improving E3 and EMI technology and posture.
- Participate in BOE, SOW, and ROM proposal process pertaining to E3, EMI, Spectrum Management, and RF Safety level of effort.
- Generate of monthly metrics for EMI Lab, Spectrum Management, and RF Safety execution.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Mathematics, Physics, or other related discipline
- A minimum of 8 years of related work experience
- Applied leadership and team management experience
- Experience in EMI/EMC Test and Design from circuit card level to system level
- Experience with MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-464 and other related documents
- Understanding of Spectrum Management and RF compliance
- Ability to objectively and analytically assess complex, and often competing situations to ensure delivery of quality end product
- Ability to hold programs accountable compliant implementation and execution of test
- Ability to develop and clearly communicate the vision for the CEPD with section members, functional, program and company leaders
- Previous work history of achieving alignment and collaboration between various disciplines in order to achieve organizational and programmatic objectives
- Experience with regular Government Customer interactions, including the Missile Defense Agency, Navy, Army, and Air Force
- An active and in-scope Secret or higher US security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
- Knowledge of common E3 issues and ways to mitigate them
- Working knowledge of Ansys HFSS/EMC analysis packages
- With limited supervision, application of technical expertise and understanding the relationships with other related disciplines.
- Ability to coordinate with Systems engineering in ensure verification of requirements
- Applied Project Management (schedules, financial, resources) experience
- Experience generating and assessing reasonable level of effort estimates for proposals, contract negotiations, and general status meetings
- Experience with EVM
What We Offer:
Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Clearance Information: This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here:
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met ( see guidelines ) to receive the Referral Awarding.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.