LPN starting rate range: 23.00-27.00/hr (base rate adjusts with experience)
As we work to build our team at Elderwood at Hamburg - we are seeking collaborative & compassionate Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) to be clinical leads in resident care.
Elderwood at Hamburg Benefits:
- NEW LEADERSHIP
- Increased Shift Differentials for Evening & Night Shifts; additional increases for WEEKEND Shift Differentials as well.
- Increased Tuition Assistance Program for Clinical Tracks - ask HR about our School Partners that provide the most reimbursement & assistance
- Full Benefits Package, including 401K PLUS EMPLOYER MATCHING
- Weekly Pay Schedule
- Multiple Free Uniforms with Embroidery
- Days, Evenings & Overnight Options for Full Time, Part Time & Per Diem Statuses.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Position Overview:
- The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is assigned to a team of Nursing Assistants and is responsible for skilled treatments, passing of medications and monitoring the personal care services provided by Nursing Assistants; LPNs are also responsible for reporting care and unusual symptoms of residents to supervisor and staff of next shift.
We have availability LPNs on the following shifts:
- Days: 6a-2p
- Evenings: 2p-10p
- Nights: 10p-6a
All shifts include an every other weekend requirement
About Elderwood at Hamburg:
- Convenient to lakeshore and southtowns communities, Elderwood at Hamburg provides quality subacute rehab services, skilled nursing, and memory care in a bright and welcoming facility. For those on the path to recovery from surgery, illness, or injury, Elderwood offers exceptional physical, occupational and speech therapy in a modern, well-equipped rehab suite.
Join Our Team: If making a difference in someone's life is important to you, join our team today! Employee Perks!: Close to thruway entrances/exits, Employee of the Month recognition, Free On-Site Parking, Point-earning employee reward program: redeem for prizes! Responsibilities:
Administer medications and treatments to assigned residents as ordered by physician and utilizing the five rights as applicable.
Direct and monitor the personal care duties and nursing care procedures carried out by Nursing Assistants of the assigned team.
Assist Nursing Assistants with direct care of residents, as necessary.
Report to Unit Manager/Assistant Unit Manager or Charge Nurse Supervisor unusual symptoms, changes of condition, daily needs, and progress of residents.
Follow the Plan of Care for each resident, and monitor the performance of Nursing Assistants in implementation of the care plan.
Receive controlled substances from the shift Supervisory Nurse and is responsible for all aspects of the storage and distribution of these medications; ensure proper and safe placement and use of medications stored in medication cart, stock medication cupboards, medication room refrigerator and narcotic cabinets.
Document as applicable in the care plans, Nursing Notes, Medical Administration Records, Treatment Records and other required records.
From: USD $23.00/Hr. Qualifications:
Credentials as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN) with a current state license required.
LPN Training and work experience in a geriatric setting preferred.
Ability to supervise and work well with other personnel required.
Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing required.
Caring, respectful attitude towards residents required.
Physical stamina for constant activity required.
- Ability to perform tasks to established standards of excellence required.
Elderwood expects all current and new employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination. Employees may request a medical exemption from vaccination.
EOE Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.