Apply for this job now
IT Service Mgmt Engineer II
- Humble, Texas
- Job Type
- 1 Sep 2022
Apply for this job now
The IT Service Management Engineer (ITSM Engineer) is a key driver for defining and delivering process improvements to the enterprise via ServiceNow and other ITSM tools. The ITSM Engineer will use their enthusiasm for innovation to provide transformative business solutions, identifying and utilizing best practices and standards used in ITSM. This role will propose and develop solutions that consider all ITSM best practices and align with efficient long-term maintenance and support. This position helps identify opportunities to reduce resource waste through manual task reduction.
* Knowledge of ITSM best practices and processes and how they are be applied through applicable tools
* Hands-on role in the development and maintenance of The Friedkin Group's ServiceNow installation
* Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture and IT Operations to understand and develop ServiceNow to enable the enterprise and support our customer's needs
* Collaborating with the ServiceNow team to apply best practices and maintenance principles
* Identify and execute regular maintenance plan for ServiceNow assets
* Support ServiceNow efforts based on the enterprise strategy and roadmap
* Begins all implementation efforts with a "QA and Security First" mentality
* Responsible for staying up-to-date with upcoming releases
* Assists team members in all aspects of administering ServiceNow, including best practices, maintenance, continuing education and training, design and review, implementation and support tasks
* Present solutions (including requirements and design) to non-technical stakeholders in a non-technical format
* Hands-on collaboration with internal and external stakeholders and users developing requirements and design documentation
* Assist in troubleshooting real-time production issues and help provide resolution
* Utilizes accepted methodologies and tools in a disciplined manner.
* Have good written and oral communication skills and be comfortable communicating with non-technical people and explaining technical concepts in a non-technical manner
* Be a team player with good time managements skills and able to work unsupervised to meet deadlines
* Other duties as assigned
Does not manage people but may lead projects.
Requires a bachelors' degree with 2 to 4 years of experience in related field or possess an equivalent combination of education and experience. 1+ years of experience supporting IT Service Management solutions
* Experience working with an ITSM platform (like ServiceNow) including:
* Request, incident, change and problem management
* Service catalog maintenance, including forms and workflows
* Users, groups, roles and access control rules
* Knowledge base maintenance
* Experience gathering customer feedback and translating them from functional requirements into tangible solutions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS.*
ITSM platform (like ServiceNow) related certifications are a plus
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of the job, the associate is required on a daily basis to analyze and interpret data, communicate, and remain in a stationary position for a significant amount of the work day; and frequently access, input, and retrieve information from the computer and other office productivity devices. The associate is regularly required to move about the office and around the corporate campus. The associate is occasionally required to travel to other sites, including out-of-state, where applicable, for business. The associate must frequently move up to 10 pounds and occasionally move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While the job is generally performed in an office environment, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, areas in which moving mechanical parts, fumes, toxic or caustic chemicals are present, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the office environment is typically quiet, but the associate may be occasionally exposed to loud noise levels.
Minimal travel is required for this position (up to 20% of the time and on a domestic basis).
*Legally authorized to work in the United States, without Sponsorship.
The Friedkin Group and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain drug-free workplaces by conducting pre-employment drug testing.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Job Reference: 701335872-2
- Date Posted: 1 September 2022
- Recruiter: The Friedkin Group
- Location: Humble, Texas
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Science & Technology
- Job Type: Permanent