As an Insurance Officer at Farm Credit Services of America (FCSAmerica) you will have the opportunity to learn the primary responsibilities of an insurance officer, develop and build on your sales skills, manage portfolios and be a part of a supportive team. You ll have the opportunity to build lasting relationships with customers, teammates and support the local communities that you serve.
Our interns work on projects that matter and teams will rely on your skills and insights to help deliver those projects to market. You ll get the opportunity to work on real projects and have fun along the way.
FCSAmerica is a great place to work. You see it in our people and the relationships they have with each other and our customers. Our passion and commitment to serving both rural America and each other is key to our success in the marketplace. Join FCSAmerica today and help us shape the future of agriculture.
Here are a few things you ll be doing as an Insurance Officer Intern:
- Exposure to sales production of insurance products to customers and non-customer prospects.
- Learn resources and techniques for prospecting new customers.
- Observe marketing/sales and prospecting calls by Insurance Officers.
- Assist Insurance Officers with organizing and coordinating insurance programs within assigned marketing areas.
- Learn multi-peril and hail insurance products offered by Farm Credit Services of America.
- Promote Farm Credit Services of America through various public activities.
- Learn general office procedures. Conduct mailings on various Farm Credit of America promotions or products.
- Attend staff meetings and participate, if applicable.
- Observe support roles and responsibilities.
- Complete special projects assigned.
- Currently pursuing a bachelors or master s degree in Ag Business, Accounting, Finance, Agricultural Economics, Animal Science or similar degree
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong desire to gain further understanding of the ag finance, lending and credit business
- Available for a 12-week internship during summer 2023
- Qualified interns will receive a competitive hourly wage and $500 sign-on bonus
- Relocation assistance is available