You know the pleasure of an organized desktop and an organized mind
As an orderly person, you thrive on structure and handle your daily tasks with focus and professionalism. You keep all of your everyday needs at your fingertips, which spares you the chaos that would put you behind schedule. We prize your talent for efficiency. We couldn't be the thriving organization we are without sharp, detail-oriented people like you. Please apply.
Responsible for coordinating with other departments in handling purchase orders and providing service to customers. Respond to customer order and quotation requests received via outside salespersons, telephone, e-mail, and written and faxed correspondence. Compile information and records to assess effectiveness of operational controls, accuracy of financial records, and efficiency of operations. Maintain electronic records and systems. Ensure effective administrative support. May directly or indirectly support outside sales.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Enters operations information into the system; generates reports and checks for accuracy.
- Acts as a liaison between warehouse and customers and may pull, pack, ship, and load orders as required.
- Provides product pricing by consulting the pricing matrix, as well as other tables, to determine the appropriate price. Develops code directives for certain products while maintaining target margin goals.
- Prepares and submits routine proposals; generates oral and written quotations.
- Procures and maintains inventory. Monitors to ensure proper inventory turns.
- Resolves customer service issues, tracks open sales orders, and performs follow-ups to ensure the timely shipment of materials and customer satisfaction.
- Services customers via telephone and/or walk-ins and ensures counters are properly stocked.
- Assists Operations Manager with branch operational duties as required.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age or older
- Must pass pre-employment assessment(s) if applicable
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED, strongly preferred. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility.
- Customer service and industry experience.
- Experience with inventory sales and operations.
- Associate degree preferred.
When support counts, count on us
It's no wonder that our employees give everything they've got- constructive support is motivational! We let you know that we value your contributions through financial rewards and excellent benefits in an environment of cooperation. Teammates from diverse personal backgrounds feel welcomed, included, respected and appreciated for the talents and unique perspectives they contribute. Opportunity is waiting for all. The first step is now - when we appreciate the fact that you've applied!
About Core & Main
Core & Main ( ) is responsible for making sure our nation's infrastructure has good bones; we help channel water to keep you healthy and safe. From waterworks to fire protection products, we deliver dependable expertise to build strong relationships and strong communities.
Core & Main is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment at Core & Main is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Core & Main does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship, or any other basis protected by law.
None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.
For more information, please click here or visit