Job Family Group:
Are you ready to do something remarkable? Ready to collaborate with an incredible team to solve problems that improve people's lives? Meet Ingevity.
At Ingevity, we develop innovations that purify, protect and enhance the world around us. Our products enable oil to flow better, crops to grow fuller, roads to last longer and ensure that the air we all breathe is cleaner.
Our people come from all different backgrounds and help reimagine new possibilities daily. We understand there is no challenge too big and no contribution too small. We seek out new ideas for tackling complex problems and celebrate achieving the improbable. We value each person's unique talents and synergize them to create meaningful impact and sustainable solutions for our customers and our world.
Bold. Energetic. Ingenious. Genuine. If these qualities describe you, we'd love for you to join Ingevity!
The Industrial Contractor Coordinator is responsible for maintaining the equipment at the Charleston Performance Chemicals Plant by managing and overseeing contractors through maintenance work orders. This role's primary objective is to improve equipment reliability in a safe and cost-efficient manner by procuring materials and equipment and developing the scope of work for the work orders utilizing CMMS (SAP). The coordinator needs to have good verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with mechanics, maintenance, engineers, operations, contractors, and vendors.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT INGEVITY
- Support the plant's positive safety culture through enforcement of safe work practices, employee engagement, participating on safety and incident investigation teams.
- Oversee daily and outage mechanical and I/E work orders by developing job scope, procuring materials and equipment, developing work packages and updating maintenance plans in the CMMS.
- Secure and manage outside resources as needed for mechanical and I/E related jobs and projects.
- Oversee contractor inspection services involving overhead hoists, winches and truck/railcar fall protection systems.
- Oversee the maintenance of plant air compressors and HVAC systems.
- Oversee maintenance for the plant's offsite warehouse.
- Support reliability to reduce break-ins and equipment downtime through the use of PdM, PM, RCFA/RCA, training and continuous improvement efforts.
- Support production, environmental and process safety management through planning and executing PSM work orders.
- Periodically on call on a rotational basis.
- Support project engineering for mechanical related jobs including planning and executing. Make recommendations and provide economic justifications for capital expenditures in support of the plant's productivity, safety, environmental and cost reduction objectives.
- Backfill maintenance planners if needed.
- Backfill for the storeroom manager.
- Oversee scaffold erection and dismantling for the maintenance department.
- Management of contractor accounting processes.
- Oversee outage related equipment rentals and fueling when needed.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- 3 years of industrial maintenance experience required. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge of mechanical theories and principles required.
- Knowledge of ASME and RAGAGEP preferred.
- Experience with pipe and welding specifications, rotating equipment, blueprints and drawings required.
- Prior experience creating and updating BOMs and PMs preferred.
- Excellent technical, engineering, writing, time management, problem solving, organization and communication skills (both written and verbal) required. May occasionally lead mechanical or safety team meetings and training.
- Proficiency with CMMS and Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) concepts required, SAP preferred.
- Prior outage experience and vendor management preferred.
- Knowledge of industrial safe work practices.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must foster a positive team environment with engineers, management, union and non-union craftspeople, and suppliers and contractors.
- On call support (6 weeks/year) required.
- This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
- This role is not eligible for employment visa sponsorship. The successful candidate must not now, or in the future, require sponsorship to work in the US.
Ingevity is a company made up of extraordinary people of every race, religion and background, all worthy of the same dignity. Our differences are one of our great strengths. Join us in building a culture of increasing diversity and respect - a culture where everyone belongs.
Ingevity is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Recruiting Agencies: Ingevity does not accept unsolicited resumes and therefore, will not be responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.