Oxo products are OQ Chemicals core competence. We manufacture over 70 oxo intermediates and oxo performance chemicals for customers in a range of industries, with a production capacity of over 1 million tonnes and average annual sales of €1.4 billion. With production sites in Germany, the USA, China and the Netherlands, and sales and administration centers in Europe, Asia and North and South America, we have a strong global presence and a workforce of some 1,400 employees worldwide.
Would you like to be part of a global team that values diversity, tolerance and an open corporate culture? If so, you now have the chance to join a world market leader in oxo chemicals and to play an active role in shaping our successful transformation in preparation for the exciting challenges of the future.
Global Business Development Manager Performance Chemicals (m/f/x) Monheim am Rhein, DE, 40789 Your perspective:
- You ll monitor overall trends in the industry, assess their impact on the existing OQC portfolio and develop suitable measures for responding to them in the polymer markets (polyacrylates, polycarbonates, polyesters)
- You have an in-depth understanding of both the overall global market and the accessible market, and will identify new business opportunities for us for selected products in the OQC Performance Chemicals portfolio.
- You ll be the driving force behind new business development projects all the way up to the first sale, with a view to transferring them to the business unit afterwards.
- You ll translate chemical and technical product features into clear-cut commercial sales pitches for our customers.
- You ll work in a matrix organization (R&D, QM, Regulatory, Communications, Operations, Sales) and help us further the success of the organization.
- You ve completed a degree in a scientific or technical study and/or have trained as a chemical technician and have experience in the polymer industry.
- You consider yourself a passionate project manager with a results-oriented mindset (first sales), and have a sound knowledge of the market relevant to OQC (polymer industry: polyacrylates, polycarbonates, polyesters), product strategy and technical solutions, and formulation / manufacturing expertise.
- Your unique selling point is your relevant technical experience and your commercial ambition, both of which you have developed over many years - and your strong business acumen and desire to succeed. What we re looking for: A proven track record in developing, communicating and implementing growth projects with customers. Experience in managing projects for complex environments across multiple regions and the group as a whole. Sufficient flexibility to keep to time frames and deadlines.
- You are business-minded and have strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- You re capable of simplifying complex chemical / technical concepts.
- You have a valuable combination of strategic and innovative thinking and excellent communication and networking skills.
We offer you:
- A variety of challenging tasks
- Comprehensive, structured onboarding
- An attractive remuneration package, including a wide range of company benefits such as a company pension scheme
- A pleasant working atmosphere in an international environment as part of a creative, innovative and motivated team
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please click on and send us your application, including salary expectations.
You will find more information here:
OQ Chemicals GmbH • Human Resources • Otto-Roelen-Straße 3 • 46147 Oberhausen