10909 Franklin Ave Franklin Park Illinois
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference.
Valmont Industries, Inc. is a leading producer and distributor of products and services for the infrastructure and agricultural markets. From lighting and traffic structures to guide the way, to communication towers that keep people connected, to utility structures that power homes and businesses, to irrigation equipment and technology that helps grow the worldâ s food, we are committed to Conserving Resources and Improving Life .
This position entails training for our complete galvanizing line. Operation of various sized forklifts and cranes ensuring safe movement of material through our process. This is a fast-paced industrial environment.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate forklifts of various sizes and types in a safe, secure, and productive manner
- Identify and/or tag materials or products for movement
- Move or load product such as large structures, poles, pallets and crates
- Check for damage or defect of product during processes
- Inspect, spot, and report damage to maintain a quality product
- Make recommendations to resolve any damage or defects found in products
- Complete required paperwork
- Work inside and outside in a variety of weather conditions
- Establish priorities and reorder priorities when necessary
- Pay attention to detail and follow work instructions
- Calculate simple mathematics and accurately read a tape measure
- Communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
- Be a team player in a diverse group assisting in other areas/in other ways as needed or when idle.
- Inspect hooks and chains and use gauges to check the thickness of the crane set-up
- Secure loads with hooks and chains
- Be responsible for operating overhead cranes to lift/move pole and structural steel products
- Assist in general plant clean up and housekeeping
- Willingness / ability to work safely in unfamiliar jobs including always wearing proper PPE
- Willingness / ability to change shifts with little to no warning
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able stand, walk, climb, sit, bend, squat, stoop, push, pull, reach, grasp, hold and carry for various periods of time
- Able to wear required PPE at all times: Hard hat, safety glasses, ear plugs, gloves, reflective vest, long sleeves, long pants, steel toed boots with built in met guards, face shield as needed
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Minimum 1 year of experience operating a forklift
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience operating heavy equipment preferred
$500 sign on bonus after completing 6 months of employment with no corrective action and/or attendance infractions
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email .