RAYUS Radiology, formerly Center for Diagnostic Imaging and Insight Imaging, is looking for a Float Front Office Associate to join our team. We are challenging the status quo by shining the light on radiology and making it a critical first step in diagnosis and proper treatment. Come join us and shine brighter together.
In this role you will travel to multiple RAYUS locations in the market, and be eligible for a shift differential. This is a full-time position based at our Woburn, MA or Dedham, MA location.
As a Float Front Office Associate, you will be the first point of contact for patients and referring professionals -- answering phones, cheerfully greeting and registering patients, scheduling patient procedures, and acting a liaison between medical technologists and patients waiting for exams.
You'll be part of a team providing a wide range of screening, diagnostic and interventional procedures with compassion and integrity to ensure the highest quality, access, service and value to our patients, referring providers and partners. You will play an important part in that process by actively listening to patients' needs, and showing empathy to every patient you speak with.
- Greets and checks-in patients scheduled for imaging services; registers demographic information and processes payment plans and copays
- Answers phones and handles calls in an efficient and friendly manner
- Fields calls appropriately for center associates
- Acts as liaison between technologists and the patients waiting for exams and relays messages regarding scanner status and other clinic information
- Follows-up on any unread exams
- Maintains front office lobby area by straightening magazines, organizing coffee supplies and assisting with general office clean up
- Orders office supplies as needed
- Maintains supply of patient information sheets
- Pushes imaging via electronic interfaces
- Completes confirmation calls and provides preparation instructions to patients
- Faxes reports, billing information, and medical release forms as requested
(25%) Scheduling & Insurance
- Schedules patients and enters orders
- Maintains an up-to-date and accurate database on all current and potential referring physicians
- Accurately maintains patient records within radiology information system (RIS)
- Assists with arranging interpreter services, transportation and hotel accommodations for patients when appropriate
- Maintains accurate pending-scheduling list
- Checks all exams for pre-certification with patient's insurance company
- Handles release of information requests for patients, referring offices, other medical facilities, attorneys & insurance companies following company guidelines
- Uses knowledge of insurance carriers (example Medicare) and procedures that require waivers to obtain authorization if needed prior to appointment
(10%) Performs other duties as assigned