Production opportunities at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility distinct from those at other employers. Quad's state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities include world-class automation and printing technology. This includes guided vehicles (driverless fork trucks) and world-class digital presses that give our clients a full range of options to produce personalized marketing products. Fueled by innovative, interesting days, you'll find hard work is good work, and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done - something shared by your team and everyone in the community we call Quad.
Quad is currently seeking an Electrical/Mechanical Technician to join our Effingham, IL team! Wage is up to $28 / hour depending on experience.
Ideal candidates will be knowledgeable in all areas of Electrical and Mechanical maintenance. Qualified candidates will be able to independently, or as a member of a team, skillfully troubleshoot, repair breakdowns, and perform preventative maintenance on as well as assist with the installation of new and used equipment.
You will work a 12 hour rotating shift (either 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. or 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.) including days, nights, weekends, and holidays working 3 or 4 days a week. These shifts rotate every 4 months from days to nights or from nights to days. Overtime always a possibility but not guaranteed.
Job duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Electrical troubleshooting and repair in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Working with voltages up to 480
- Strong understanding and knowledge of PLC's strongly preferred.
- Installation and troubleshooting of relay and PLC controlled equipment
- Working with AC/DC motors and drives
- Working on various maintenance related items onsite
- Prior experience working with motors, transformers, control systems, and power distribution.
- Experience with machine repair and/or bench work to include bearings, belts and chains, coupling and alignment, gear boxes, conveyor maintenance, exhaust fans and blowers, and electric motor replacement.
- Proficient in repairs of Control Systems, PLC's, A/C and D/C Drives
- Able to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical schematics, service orders, understand tolerances and measurements and work with standard metric sizes
- Need to have own tools required for the job.
- Candidate must be able to work compressed work week-- 12 hour rotating shifts, including days, nights, weekends and holidays (either 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. or 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.)
Education and/or Experience:
Technical degree in Mechanical/Technical or Industrial Maintenance preferred but not required. 3-5 years Electrical Mechanical experience or an equivalent combination of related experience and education is highly desired.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging - a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace