Do you like impacting and making a difference in people's lives? Do you have a keen eye for detail? Do you enjoy communicating with a wide range of people? If you answered 'Yes,' Brook Street UK LTD, would love to hear from you.
The Role:We are recruiting Education Welfare Officer's to work at a Senior Clerical Officer Gradeto join the Education Welfare Department at the Education Authority Northern Ireland, located in Portadownon a temporary-ongoing basis. This is an excellent opportunity to work within the Public Sector and develop your career by providing advice and assistance to Education Authority officers, customers, the public and other professionals regarding agreed service aspects, utilising your practical administrative skills.
This is an exciting temp role (Immediate start) with an ongoing requirement. Some of our candidates have secured promotions within the organisation, and others have successfully secured fixed-term contracts directly with our client.You will be part of a strategic vision to Inspire, Support and Challenge all their children and young people to be the best they can be.
What will be your primary responsibilities?The role will involve, but not be limited to you performing the following:
- Provide administrative support concerning all aspects of the section's work using the full range of IT equipment, including word processing/typing, databases, spreadsheets, email, fax, intranet, and internet facilities.
- Assist in monitoring statutory procedures and processes for children and young people undergoing statutory assessment or subject to statements of special educational needs in line with statutory timelines.
- Provide advice and assistance to EA officers, customers, the public and other professionals in respect of agreed aspects of the service and as directed by the executive officer or senior executive officer/administrative officer.
- Support the Senior Executive Officer / Administrative Officer in undertaking qualitative and quantitative research and investigations as required by Senior Officers with the education department.
- Assist in collating factual data and statistical information from various sources to support the work of identified senior EA officers within the service.
- Prepare letters, minutes, notes and other clerical support to officers as appropriate and as directed by the Senior Executive Officer / Administrative Officer.
- Assist in the preparation of materials for courses as appropriate.
- Process claims and invoices for payment by agreed EA procedures.
- Deal with written and verbal communications, including telephone enquiries received within the service.
- Order and monitor supplies of stationery and office requisitions for all staff within the section.
- Organise meetings on behalf of senior EA officers and assist in the administrative support associated with arranging courses and conferences.
To apply for this post, you will have:
- Hold a minimum of five GCSE passes (grades A -C) or equivalent or higher and have a minimum of one year's administrative/clerical experience in an office environment, including general office duties, word processing and practical use of computers
- OR have a minimum of three years' admin experience in an office-based environment.
BenefitsIn return for your work and commitment, working for Brook Street UK LTD can offer you some fantastic benefits: -
- Full training and induction
- Work with a leading Public Sector Organisation that promotes diversity and inclusiveness
- Contribute positively to Education Authority NI's values and mission statement
- The opportunity (however not guaranteed) to apply for internal roles
- Competitive rates of pay - £10.47 per hour
- Accrue holiday hours as you work
- Brook Street (UK) Ltd back-office support and mentoring
- No weekend work (Shift pattern strictly Mon-Fri 9am-5pm)
Please click the link below or call Melissa Grogan on for a confidential chat.