If you wish to further develop your career with one of the most successful logistics organization we are looking for a new EDI Manager for Transload Solutions. This is an excellent opportunity to join our Sea Logistics team.
In this highly visible and customer facing Sea Logistics solutions position, the candidate will serve as the technical lead to oversee the 3rd Party transload integrations with the facilities as well as the system provider. This role will require cross-functional leadership inside and outside of the organization in order to manage expectations and deliver on promises made to the both external and internal customers. He/she will be responsible for overseeing projects regarding the implementation of a 3rd party transload visibility platform, integrations with: visibility provider, 3rd party warehouse providers, Kuehne+Nagel systems, and external customer systems. This position requires an engagement in customer needs as well as a high level understanding of systems and processes regarding drayage, transload/cross docking and outbound truckload load management. A positive, collegial attitude and high level of professionalism are essential for this position to coordinate internal processes and meet external facing requirements.
- Be the system project lead for all technical requirements regarding transload operations & visibility.
- Read EDI messages and other technical messages, e.g. XML, EDIFACT, etc.
- Write instructions for translation mapping from one source message format to a different output message format.
- Understand the applications involved with the integration messages, e.g. sending application system, receiving application system, transload WMS, etc.
- Understand the operational flow of containerized freight inbound to USA.
- Have a solid understanding of transload and/or cross-dock operations as well as outbound FTL process.
- Provide technical support and design regarding operational flow and supply chain analytical functions by working cross functionally with the International Supply Chain team, Sea Logistics Operations Team, and Intermodal Teams.
- Implement best practices with regard to data integrity.
- Coordinate with internal staff and partners.
- Travel to facilities as needed.
Your Skills and Experiences
- BS or Certificate in Logistics / Supply Chain / International business / Project Management; or equivalent in experience.
- EDI experience is required.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in global supply chain processes.
- Ability to think tactically and strategically.
- Strong communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Outstanding planning, organization, and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize multiple projects to meet tight deadlines.
- Must be self-motivated, assertive, and able to work independently, with minimal direction.
- Highly proficient in MS Office Products; especially Excel; Tableau and Business Objects are a plus.
- Strong technical understanding of systems and messages, e.g. KN applications (or similar); Infor Nexus, WMS and ERP systems, EDI concepts and processes.
- Solid understanding of international supply chain concepts, e.g. principles of inventory management, distribution, procurement.
- Experience in manager level customer interaction i.e. customer service, sales, marketing, or sales support team.
Good Reasons to Join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.