What will you do in this job?
- Work alongside and direct a team responsible with primary responsibility for accepting donations, keeping a well-organized warehouse and moving product for processing or storage
- Provide and coach for excellent customer service
- Work with store manager to identify and meet the product related needs of the store on a daily basis
- Serve as manager on duty as needed (including the sales floor)
- Work alongside teams to meet store goals
- Assist with the training and development of new employees
- Sort product into recycling and storage categories
- Operate a forklift to load and unload materials
- Operate a baler (not all locations)
- Complete cleaning tasks as needed
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work site
- Regularly conduct and document safety inspections
This position qualifies for the following benefits:
- Competitive wages and annual merit pay increases.
- Paid sick and vacation leave accrued based upon hours worked.
- Generous and affordable benefits available to include vision, dental, life and health insurance for employee and family.
- Opportunities for advancement into further leadership positions if desired. Goodwill is committed to growing leaders from within.
Days and hours are dependent on business needs. Please be aware that the needs of our business include a certain amount of evening and weekend work. Fulltime employment as a Lead Material Handler is on average 35 - 40 hours per week.
Please be sure to answer ALL of the online screening questions. Incomplete applications will not be processed. This is an important part of the process of getting to know you.
As an employer who welcomes and trains vulnerable adults in the workplace, a background check is run at the permission of the finalist candidates. Each finalist will receive a copy of their report directly from the third party agency who completes the check.. This report is sent directly to the e-mail address you specify on your background check authorization. A description of your rights under the Fair Credit Reporting Act and dispute instructions are also included.
Information about specific automatic disqualifying pending charges or convictions may be found in WAC .