This job is located in Hamburg.
Starting wage increases with relevant experience.
The Director of Culinary Services oversees all aspects of the Culinary Services Department and coordinates with residents and family members on customizing dining experiences. This individual organizes, plans, directs, controls, and supervises department operations, functions and personnel. The individual also performs in the capacity of Executive Chef of the Culinary team.
Join Our Team: Are you looking to take the next step in your career? Employee Perks!: 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match, Clean, Neat & Newly Renovated Facility, Enjoy being a part of a strong and diverse team, Free On-Site Parking, Generous PTO & holiday package, Life Insurance, Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Point-earning employee reward program: redeem for prizes!, Substantial employee referral program, Tuition reimbursement program Responsibilities:
1. Oversees the daily operations of culinary services including the kitchen, dish room, food storage areas, and dining rooms.
2. Adheres to state regulations, current best practices, policies, and procedures for food preparation and meal service.
3. Works with Director of Nutritional Services and Regional Director of Dining on menus, recipe development and nutritional diet requirements.
4. Reports to the Regional Director of Dining Services and Administrator for any department needs.
5. Maintains department food and non-food item inventory consistent with budgetary confines.
6. Adheres to purchasing practices set forth by the Director of Purchasing, Nutritional Services Director and Regional Director of Dining Services.
7. Conducts routine audits and monitors performance improvement initiatives related to food service.
8. Attends, leads, and actively participates in, resident care plan meetings, staff meetings, required inservice programs, and other meetings/programs deemed appropriate by the Administrator, Director of Nutritional Services or Regional Director of Dining.
9. Performs job functions of each department position when necessary.
10. Regularly interacts and communicates with residents/family members regarding meal service and customer service programs.
11. Maintains a working knowledge of federal regulations of the state health code and rules and regulations regarding meal service in the post-acute care setting.
12. Ensures proper preparation, maintenance, and service of food in accordance with State rules and regulations.
13. Acts as a preceptor for Dietetic and/or Food Service students and interns.
14. Conducts monthly in-service programs for culinary staff to practice safety and compliance.
15. Evaluates the performance of all Culinary Services staff members including administering coaching, discipline, etc.
16. Efficiently schedules staff within budgetary guidelines, approves timecards, schedule changes, etc.
17. Collaborates with Human Resources Department on recruitment efforts, employee relations matters, interviews candidates for open positions, and other supervisory support.
18. Travels as needed to catering events, food shows, meetings, etc. as required.
19. Arrives to work on time, regularly, and works as scheduled.
20. Recognizes and follows the dress code of the facility including wearing name tag at all times.
21. Follows policy and procedure regarding all electronic devices, computers, tablets, etc.
22. Supports and abides by Elderwood's Mission, Vision, and Values.
23. Abides by Elderwood's businesses code of conduct, compliance and HIPAA policies.
24. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor, management staff or Administrator.
Base wages increase with experience!
From: USD $45,864.00/Yr. Qualifications:
- Minimum of Associate degree in Food Service Management or Culinary Arts (if the course of study includes food service or restaurant management) OR Certified Dietary Manager OR Certified Food Service Manager
- Minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in a health care setting
- Working knowledge of CMS and DOH regulations as they relate to food service
- Possess and maintain ServSafe (management level) certification or National Registry of Food Safety Professionals (management level) certification or be willing to obtain upon hire
- Valid, current drivers license in good standing for occasional travel
- Experience with QIS survey process preferred
- Computer skills consistent with nutritional software programs preferred
- Five (5) years of cooking experience in a hotel, restaurant, or institution preferred
Elderwood expects all current and new employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination. Employees may request a medical exemption from vaccination.