At a glance:
- Are you a client-focused professional skilled at deploying software solutions that use the most current technology?
- Can you commit to a technical position guiding divisional and national product deployments while troubleshooting data and system issues?
- Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits and a focus on professional development?
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, Inc., is a national provider of scalable, fiber technology solutions serving America's largest businesses and communications service providers. The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes networking and managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum Enterprise's industry-leading team of experts works closely with clients to achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to meet their evolving needs. More information about Spectrum Enterprise can be found at .
You are passionate about improving the client experience through the deployment of software solutions that use the most current technology. As the Development Operations (DevOps) Engineer, you focus on guiding divisional and national product deployments. You maximize the department by supporting server software installations performed by development, test and deployment teams. You have a keen ability for overcoming obstacles and identifying roadblocks to complete tasks efficiently and effectively.
You combine your technical expertise and understanding of company objectives to complete all production support tasks, including troubleshooting of divisional and national system and data issues. You mitigate risks and reduce costs by serving as the first line contact for production issues. You excel working in an office environment while collaborating with teams across the organization. You report to the Manager of Network Development for goals, guidance and assistance.
- Competitive salary with bonus.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- 100% company match 401(k) up to 6%.
- Company funded retirement accumulation plan for an additional 3%.
- Education assistance.
- Pretax childcare spending account.
- Paid holidays, vacation days, personal days and sick days.
- Employee discount on spectrum services where available.
What you will do:
- Encourage company-wide success through active and consistent support of all efforts to simplify and enhance the client experience.
- Improve client satisfaction by collaborating with developers, testers and deployment teams to create comprehensive software deployment plans.
- Guide the installation of server software products by writing and updating automated scripts.
- Ensure deployment success through the configuration of the necessary hardware and virtual machines and the deployment of code into the cloud environments.
- Update infrastructure and operating system (OS) for applications by working with developers and hardware teams.
- Maximize the department by performing lab installations and upgrades of server software products.
- Install and improve third-party software through a collaboration with developers and infrastructure teams.
- Mitigate risks by monitoring system performance, reliability and daily data processing.
- Provide recommendations and updates through participation in project-related stand-up meetings.
- Review and provide feedback for all external facing user documentation, including on-line help, to ensure all content is in line with company standards.
- Enhance the team performance by providing documentation support as needed.
Required keys for success:
- Three years of experience in dynamic scripting languages.
- Three years of experience deploying software.
- Three years of experience with Linux or other Unix systems.
- Extensive experience packaging and delivering software to a production environment.
- Expert in automating software deployments using tools such as Puppet, Chef, Python and Ansible.
- Familiar with inputs, outputs and processing flows with the ability to clearly communicate that knowledge.
- Experience with software source control tools, like Perforce and GitHub.
- Proficient software development skills in Linux shell scripting environments, like Bash.
- Knowledge of AWS and Containers.
- Thorough understanding of the Agile software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Track record of writing clear technical documentation for use by developers and testers.
- History of identifying and resolving complex issues as part of a team.
- Experience working under limited direction while handling multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to facilitate team consensus while interacting with leadership and implementation teams.
- Effective written and spoken English communications skills with all levels of an organization.
ESW330 308654 308654BR
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience (required).