If you wish to further develop your career with one of the most successful logistics organization we are looking for a new Brokerage Entry Writer . This is an excellent opportunity to join our Customs team.
The Customs Brokerage Entry Writer will analyze documents and accurately key in information to process entries with US Customs and Border Protection.
- Preparation of customs entries and forwarding freight to designated locations. This may involve interface with international and domestic carriers, overseas offices, and importers.
- Prepare Customs entries and follow-up with the clearance process on all entries.
- Communicate and offer solutions to documentation discrepancies to client and manager.
- Verify and Coordinate freight delivery to designated locations.
- Resolve finance and accounting reconciliation exchange issues, including providing backup for old bills.
- Administrative responsibilities include preparation of report and analysis using various software packages and databases.
- Document review and assessment of accuracy, verifying country of origin/export, IOR, terms of sale and value to ensure that compliance and federal regulation requirements are achieved.
- Daily follow up on documentation discrepancy issues which requires the ability to troubleshoot and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers and foreign origins.
- Establish and maintain client relationships.
- Update notes and milestones in system for each file.
- Take ownership of all other task as assigned by manager.
- Position may require a weekend schedule on a department rotation basis and not limited to working a holiday schedule based on the needs of the operation and requirements of the account.
- Understand the southern border Customs Clearance process for trucks.
- This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position.
Your Skills and Experiences
- At least two years of customer service, general office, or data entry experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Accurate and rapid data entry
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proven organizational skills
- At least one year of Customs Brokerage or Import/Export experience
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team oriented player
- The ability to project a professional image to the customer and to represent the company in a positive manner.
- Ability to research compliance matters and offer solutions.
Good Reasons to Join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.