With a purpose to make tomorrow a little bit better than today, Lube-Tech provides an environment where you can love what you do and be your best every day.
What you will enjoy about being a part of a 2022 Top Workplace USA and Star Tribune Top 175 Workplace Team:
- Full-time (Monday - Friday)
- Top Tier benefits starting on your first day (including medical, dental, vision, FSA, HSA, 401k, Paid Parental Leave, voluntary accident, critical illness, hospital, and supplemental life insurance)
- 15 paid days off
- 10 paid holidays
- Profit-Sharing accelerated by YOUR performance
- 401(k) with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE (Overview & Key Responsibilities):
The Corporate Controller plays a critical role for the corporation. He/she will lead the preparation and delivery of timely, accurate, complete and insightful financial information to key stakeholders, including the leadership team, owner, and board of directors. This position will also lead the company's interaction with several key stakeholders, including auditors, insurers, bankers, tax authorities and regulatory agencies. Improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the control environment, financial systems and processes, and the financial close will be important priorities for the Corporate Controller, as will helping the business understand the accounting implications of business activities. This individual should also expect to be involved in other ad hoc projects, including M&A and other aspects of company policy.
The Corporate Controller position at Lube-Tech is a unique hands-on role which provides a blend of engagement in strategy, hands-on responsibilities for complex transactions/accounting, and an opportunity to develop and mentor a great team. You will have input and influence on the company's important financial decisions and strategies that fuels our company's continued success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate excellent leadership behaviors and competencies consistent with Lube-Tech's culture and values.
- Manage the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the accounting department.
- Attract, develop and inspire talent within the finance and accounting organization.
- Serve as a visionary agent to drive process improvement across the organization.
Strategic Partnership and Analysis:
- Report to senior management on operating performance, financial position, and revenue and expense analysis.
- Perform account analysis to ascertain accuracy, completeness and propriety of balances.
- Develop and continuously evaluate shared service cost allocations that align with the leveraging of assets in the business.
- Partner with FP&A for the monthly review of financial results.
- Assist, as needed, in due diligence analysis for M&A opportunities.
- Oversee, and participate in, the timely and accurate completion of the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end financial close process and financial reporting processes.
- Ensure all financial transactions are completed accurately, occur in accordance with management's authorization, and are timely and accurately recorded in the company's accounting systems.
- Develop processes and people while implementing technology solutions that are supportive of creating an accounting organization that is scalable for future inorganic and organic growth.
- Maintain detailed subsidiary documentation on monthly basis to support general ledger account balances.
- Develop and maintain cost accounting systems and controls.
- Maintain ERP system (JD Edwards) to efficiently and accurately process transactions, capture and store enterprise data.
- Assist the CFO as may be necessary in the processing of accounting and financial activities.
- Develop and maintain financial policies and procedures for the enterprise, including communication and training across the enterprise to ensure organizational understanding and compliance.
- Ensure adherence to the company's accounting policies, and that the policies and financial statements are compliant with GAAP and any other regulatory requirements.
- Manage annual financial audit and relationship with external audit partners.
- Oversee tax compliance and tax provision, working with external tax partners.
- Research and summarize relevant accounting guidance to ensure compliance with GAAP.
- Innovate policies and procedures to safeguard company assets.
- Perform other duties as required.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED (Minimum Qualifications):
- Four-year accounting degree required.
Experience and/or Training
- 10-15 years of experience in an Accounting/Finance function, showing progression, preferably in a manufacturing or distribution environment.
- 5-8 years of experience leading and developing high performing teams; demonstrated effective leadership skills.
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions as well as multiple business entities/divisions.
- Strong organizational and project management skills; the ability to manage multiple priorities at the same time.
- Results-driven approach with the ability to operate independently in making decisions and implementing change.
- Experienced in collaborating across departments/business units and driving results through collaboration.
- Superior leadership skills with enthusiasm, initiative, and a passion for results.
- Excellent problem-solving ability, with a focus on process automation.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of employees, customers and vendors.
- Ability to travel to outstate locations occasionally, less than 10%.
- CPA, CMA, and/or MBA preferred.
- ERP Systems experience (JD Edwards system experience a plus)
- Proficient in utilizing Microsoft tools, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Advanced Excel and Database management skills.
- Experience with Planful (formerly Host), and HALO BI reporting tools a plus.
Lube-Tech is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants including women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)