- Prepares the salad and dessert items correctly for patients and the cafeteria.
- 1)Checks tally for items to be prepared for lunch and dinner patient trays
- 2)Prepares all salads and desserts for patient lunch and dinner trays
- 3)Follows standardized recipes for all patient salad and dessert items
- 4)Prepares fresh fruit and vegetables and prepares food items such as jello and desserts to ensure adequate supplies for customers
- 5)Cleans, dices, chops and cuts fresh fruits and vegetables for salads
- 6)Ensures the quality and quantity of cafeteria salad menu items
- 7)Assists trayline positions when the kitchen is sort-staffed
- 8)Prepares fruit baskets as needed for trayline and dietetic orders
- 9)Demonstrates a commitment to satisfying customer needs and exceeding customer expectations
- Inventories and orders fresh fruits and vegetables to ensure adequate quantities are available for the needs of the department
- 1)Replenishes, organizes and restores all supplies properly
- 2)Inventories and orders all produce to ensure quality fruits and vegetables are available for customers
- Documents temperatures of refrigerators in area
- 1)Dates all food items to ensure freshness and proper utilization and rotation
- Maintains a safe sanitary work area meeting hospital and Board of Health Regulations and Guidelines.
- 1)Checks holding areas to determine food items needed for the day
- 2)Discards food items of unacceptable quality and remakes items as needed
- 3)Cleans and sanitizes work area including tables, equipment, utensils, refrigerator units, etc.
- Participates in the department's Performance Improvement Plan to improve key processes and key results areas.
- 6)Demonstrates a supportive positive attitude
- 1)Actively participates in the team initiatives to improve key processes, key result areas and customer satisfaction
- 2)Collaborates with hospital departments and fellow associates to meet customer expectations
- 3)Follows documentation practices accurately and concisely
- 4)Demonstrates the ability to identify and constructively resolve interpersonal conflicts
- 5)Demonstrates a commitment to Service Breakthrough by personal example and prompt follow-up on opportunities to improve service
- High School Diploma. 1 yr. food service experience preferably in health care environment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Good verbal skills. Ability to read & follow a recipe. Minimum lifting requirement of 25 pounds.
Physicial Requirements and Working Conditions:
- -100% or the time is spent standing and walking. -Ability to lift on a daily basis - 15 - 25 pounds. -Equipment used - mixers, vertical cutting machines, Hobart slicers, Cuisinarts and convection ovens.
- This requirement supersedes any previous lifting requirement effective 08/01/2014. Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For lifts over 35 pounds, lifting equipment is expected to be used or lift with at least one other associate when available. Unique lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case by case basis.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.