Commercial Accountant who is ACA, ACCA or CIMA certified (or equivalent) with a strong analytical and commercial skill set is required to provide financial analysis, budgets and forecasts for a busy Finance Team within a well-established business based in Farnborough, Hampshire.
SALARY: Up to £60,000 per annum plus discretionary bonus
LOCATION: Farnborough, Hampshire
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Permanent
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Commercial Accountantwho is ACA, ACCA or CIMA certified (or equivalent) with a strong analytical and commercial skill set is required to provide financial analysis, budgets and forecasts.
Working as a Commercial Accountant you will be required to work closely with the Financial Controller (FC) and Chief Financial Officer (CFO) as well as operational functions across the business.
As the Commercial Accountant you will you will provide insightful financial analysis to support commercial decisions and help drive business growth. The role will be responsible for the production of budgets and forecasts and for financial analysis to support key commercial and investment decisions.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties as a Commercial Accountant will include:
- Management of the budget and forecast process for the Airport. Collaborating pro-actively with key stakeholders to continuously improve the forecasting process
- Provide decision support for commercial and investment decisions. This will include the improvement of current processes to embed a streamlined and rigorous standardised approach
- Develop the use of insightful operational data to identify and recommend opportunities for commercial improvements
- Pro-actively identify and progress opportunities to deliver value and drive business performance
- Responsible for analysing trends and business costs through robust financial modelling, to provide cost efficiencies to the business. Partnering with departmental managers to guide strategic decision making and effectively manage their cost base through monthly reviews
- Preparing the monthly Key Performance Indicators for the Airport; working with the FC to ensure these are accurately recorded to Senior Management
- Working with the Head of Business Development to analyse air traffic movements, travel data, and aircraft mix to improve forecasts
- Management of the Airports Enterprise Risk Management process to ensure business risks are identified and mitigated against
- Support the FC, acting as deputy as required
- Newly qualified accountant with strong academics - ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
- Aviation industry experience not required
- Extensive experience working in a fast paced commercial finance role, partnering with all levels of stakeholders across the business
- Self-starter who has a can-do, proactive, and flexible attitude
- Critical thinking and strong analytic and commercial skill set with high attention to detail
- Strong excel skills, with modelling experience desirable
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal) with both internal and external colleagues at all levels (both Finance and non-Finance)
- Hard-working, efficient, and motivated by results
- Ambitious and driven by challenge
- Competitive salary plus discretionary bonus
- 25 days holiday per annum plus statutory public holidays
- Workplace pension scheme with enhanced employer contributions
- Life assurance
- Access to medical plan including a range of private treatments (after probation period)
- Company sick pay scheme
- Electric vehicle scheme (after 9 months of employment)
- Sustainable travel scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to an Employee Assistance programme and helpline
- Discount on accommodation and food/beverage at affiliated hotel and pub
- Access to discount and savings scheme
- You'll also get all kinds of other great perks, like social events and special employee offers
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV's of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P9385
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Farnborough, Hampshire. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.