Heniff Transportation provides best-in-class supply chain solutions to our valued customers by utilizing our network of supply chain services and resources. We focus on creating extraordinary growth and value across the markets, industries, and customers we serve through outstanding safety, innovation, and service performance. We accomplish this through one of the largest, fully integrated networks of terminals, transload and tank wash facilities in North America and now in Canada. We strive to be the BEST at everything we do.
Collections Specialist II is responsible for ensuring payments for services are collected from customers for a specified portfolio of accounts in excess of $ 8 million. The total portfolio amount responsibility exceeds $5M. Reconcile company A/R books to determine past due accounts. Work with Billing Department regarding invoice setup.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collections Specialist II reconciles customer payments between several company A/R books.
- Resolve cash account balances within all company divisions; apply, refund, or transfer funds to a different company branch as needed.
- Collections Specialist II partners with operational setup of a load that results in an invoice to ensure that invoice generated was created and sent to correct customer.
- Partner with customers and customer 3rd party agents (CASS Processing Center, Transplace, CLX Logistics) to verify invoices past due have been received and are in line for payment.
- Collections Specialist II creates and presents to customers balance due invoices that have been short-paid. Resolve causes for customers' short payments.
- Maintain knowledge of EDI orders, ASN, invoice and the websites Heniff's customers use, to resolve collection issues.
- Collections Specialist II maintains knowledge of ERS customers and reason(s) for customer over- or under-payment.
- Maintain knowledge of intercompany activity with respect to invoicing and third-party customer billing.
- Collections Specialist II perform other duties as assigned.
- Collections Specialist II will report directly to the AP/AR Manager.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Experience using Microsoft Office
- Experience in the Transportation industry a plus
- Experience in Great Plains software
- Demonstrated organizational and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to act as a team player and get involved in all aspects of the business function
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear
- May be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to feel; reach with hand and arms, and stoop, kneel or crouch as needed
- Specific vision requirements include the ability to see at close range, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Ability to operate in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- The position typically operates in a standard office environment
- This position routinely uses office equipment such as computers, laptops, phones, and scanners
At Heniff, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Heniff treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes and general treatment during employment, including on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status, or disability.