Job Title: Associate Director, R&D Quality Data Analytics
Location: Cambridge, MA
About the role:
- The core purpose of this position is to drive the execution, implementation and operationalization of data analytics initiatives for R&D Quality.
- Responsible for conducting analysis and gathering requirements to build end to end analytical solutions. They will leverage best practices for UI/UX, data visualizations and create relevant, innovative, and impactful dashboards supporting the analytical needs of multiple teams, systems, and products.
How you will contribute:
- Lead the designing, execution, QC and delivery of informative visualizations through collection of business requirements and user stories for stakeholders enabling actionable insights.
- Independently perform complex analysis using modern Data Science techniques against structured or unstructured data and report results back to generate insights to Takeda.
- Provide expertise to best construct data and execute analysis for feature detection, retrospective and predictive modelling, within complex business environments and a large complexity of IT systems and data.
- Test and maintain interactive visualizations or reports as well as resolve data related issues and conflicts.
- Support R&D Data strategy through data visualization, dashboards, and BI reporting fostering business users with real-time decision making. Ability to produce analysis for and defend results to senior level audience across the organizations.
- Ensure high adoption rate of the data visualization tools by focusing on usability of solutions, user experience, data integrity, user training and go-live support.
- Develop standards and best practices for data visualization. Prepare, blend, and cleanse data from multiple sources to design extracts for optimal use
- Support team members by educating, raising awareness, coaching and mentoring them in data analytics. Champion modern techniques and best practices across projects.
- Understanding of Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and other advanced techniques that may support Data Analysis engagements to be able to use and teach these methods inside the organization using structured and unstructured data sets. Ability to stay up to speed on modern data techniques, understand how to apply them and constantly demonstrated how and where to apply these new methods.
- Partner closely with DSI and DDT functions to evaluate use of fit-for-purpose technology to drive value and improve compliance (including RPA, advanced analytics, IoT, AI and ML tools)
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise (Breadth and depth of knowledge, application and complexity of technical knowledge)
- 3 - 5 years experience with Semantic Layer Definition, Data Modelling, Data Visualization. (Required)
- Experience with Power BI, Qlik, Databricks, and/or Python. (Preferred)
- Experience with or knowledge of Agile Software Development methodologies (Preferred)
- Ability to perform diagnosis and root cause analysis as well as identify opportunities for improvement
- Bachelor's/ PhD in Computer Science, other quantitative sciences eg. Information/data science, engineering etc.
- Strong data visualization capabilities, including at least 5 years of experience in building Business Intelligence Reports, visualization solutions and designing and analyzing business and technical models.
- At least 2 years of experience working in cross-functional team and collaborating with business stakeholders in support of departmental and/or multi-departmental analytics initiatives.
- Knowledge of different chart types and how to leverage them to answer specific questions.
- Strong ability to format (UI/UX) your visualizations and dashboards for maximum impact.
- Ability to build complex calculations to manipulate data.
- Strong experience developing and shaping data with SQL.
- Advanced understanding of data architecture.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (pivot tables, charting, macros, calculations).
- Experience in the global pharmaceutical industry or healthcare preferred
- Profiency in BI/ data visualization tools eg. Qlik, Tableau, spotfire and/or powerBI
- Strong communication skills, including ability to communicate complex concepts to all levels of the organization. Fluency in written and spoken English.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
At Takeda, our patients rely on us to deliver quality products. As a result, we must follow strict rules in our manufacturing facilities to ensure we are not endangering the quality of the product. In this role, you may:
- Work in a controlled environment requiring special gowning and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body. This may include additional hearing protection for loud areas.
- Need to remove all make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish and/or artificial fingernails while in the manufacturing environment.
- Work in a cold, wet environment.
- Work multiple shifts, including weekends, or be asked to work supplemental hours, as necessary.
- Work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids, buffers and Celite that may require respiratory protection.
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This posting excludes Colorado applicants.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.