Are you an experienced Medical Lab Professional? Are you looking to embark on a new challenge in your career, or start your career in Medical Lab Science? If so, LabCorp wants to speak with you about exciting opportunities to join our team as an Associate Chemist in the Toxicology department in Burlington, NC. In this position you will work in a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging environment, and will be a part of our overall mission at LabCorp: -Improving Health, Improving Lives-.
The Toxicology department consists of 4 sub departments: Toxicology, Biological Monitoring, Blood Lead and Mass Spectrometry. These have a combined volume of approximately 500,00 tests a month. Our toxicology tests are primarily focused on therapeutic drug monitoring, our biological monitoring tests focus on metal or chemical exposures and our mass spec department is our most rapidly growing area and encompasses testing from several disciplines from toxicology to endocrinology. The Toxicology department offers experience with many types of analytical instrumentation such as GC, GC/MS, HPLC, ICP/MS and LC/MS/MS as well as with automated and manual systems of sample preparation. Position is in the LC/MS Data Review/Operator Section of Toxicology. Position will be responsible for reviewing and certifying LC/MS data utilizing Analyst and Ascent software.
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology or a related science (or 24 credits in Chemistry/Biology constituting a biological science major) as required by CLIA
- Minimum 2 years of clinical laboratory testing experience is required for Associate Chemist level
- Experience with Chromatographic Data Review preferred but not required
- Demonstrated success in clinical testing technical proficiency and scientific knowledge
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of specific laboratory and/or department functions
- Ability to exercise judgment to determine methods and procedures on new assignments
- Proficient with computers and familiarity with laboratory information systems
- High level of attention detail along with strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Must be able to pass a standardized color vision screen
- Flexibility to work overtime or other shifts depending on business needs
The schedule for the position will be 3rd shift, Tuesday-Saturday 12:00am-8:30am. Position is eligible for 15% shift differential.
***** $2,000 Sign-On Bonus for External Candidates Only! *****
- Manage calibration, quality controls, and patient data up to and including result entry
- Performs minor troubleshooting/repair and instrument prep of LC/MS systems
- Gains knowledge of department operations and procedures under direct supervision and in an entry-level capacity
- Conducts qualitative and quantitative analyses on organic and inorganic samples to determine their chemical properties
- Participates in development of new analytical procedures. Gains knowledge of department operations and procedures
- Bachelor's Science in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology or related Life Science
- Must have 4-6 years of clinical laboratory experience with preference given for Chromatographic Data Review experience
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of automated and manual systems of sample preparation.
If you're looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement .