At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Commercial Airlines has an exciting opportunity for an Assembler Installer to assist with multiple areas of the production system while working on different airplane programs throughout your career. This position is located in either Renton or Everett, WA.
As an Assembler Installer you will work within a final assembly environment by drawing on knowledge acquired from training and certification classes to complete your daily assigned work. By interpreting drawings and reading/comprehending work instructions you will be responsible for identifying your work (task) location on the airplane/part/tooling and identifying all required hand tools, parts and equipment to accomplish defect-free work.
- Use a computer in a production environment.
- Look up/read/comprehend technical work instructions, drawings and/or specifications.
- Install various parts and assemblies such as landing gear, aircraft control surfaces, exterior panels, carpets, blankets, roller trays/ball mats, stowbins, sidewalls, ceiling panels, lavatories, galleys, doors, and seats.
- Install various aircraft system components such as tubing, valves, regulators, actuators, compressors, and ducts.
- Appropriate protective clothing/equipment determined by the task you are performing.
- Operate mechanical lifts of various types (e.g. ladders, tiger and snorkel lifts).
- Various tools such as Rivet gun and bucking bar, screwdrivers, lock bolt puller, power screwdriver, C-squeeze, ratchet wrench, nut runner, Winslow, 90-Degree Power Vane, or Quackenbush and various other hand tools.
- Chemical solvents, sealants, coatings, primers, adhesives, paints and special finishes
- Inspect your work quality and check for FOD (Foreign Object Debris).
- Carrying/Lifting up to 10-35 pounds
- Flexion/Extension (head bent down, head bent back), Handling, Kneeling, Bending at the waist, Reaching (overhead), Rotation of head/neck, Standing, Twisting at the waist and walking.
- Use of high impact vibratory tools (bucking/riveting).
- Climbing/balancing (stairs, ladders, poles, scaffolding, inclined surfaces), Crawling, Crouching (squatting),
- Working around energized sources (electrical equipment and hazards/shock, e.g. circuit breakers and wiring) and exposure to constant noise.
- Finger manipulation (keyboarding, other).
- Reading from a computer screen, printed drawings or documents.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a US Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. US Person includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee
Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience)
- Experience using software applications for internet navigation, email, Microsoft Suite and/or other specialized computer applications
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience reading and interpreting drawings, specifications, material processes, schematic and diagrams
- Attended a Boeing partnered manufacturing related high school or community and technology college academic program
- Ability to work with High Hazard Chemicals
High school graduate or GED preferred.
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
This position is primarily for 2nd shift however other shifts may be required to be filled from time to time.
Drug Free Workplace
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This is an hourly position governed by the IAM Collective Bargaining agreement.
Other Relevant Information & Requirements:
Current Boeing employees working in Puget Sound and Portland must submit an Employee Request Transfer (ERT) to be considered in the eligible candidate pool. Resumes of current Puget Sound Boeing employees submitted via Careers at Boeing will not be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.