Part of a larger team delivering technology solutions to address business problems and opportunities. Focus on translating specific business requirements into technical solution architectures including application architecture, integration architecture, data architecture, and non-functional requirements around supportability, resiliency, security, etc. Translate general business requirements and business trends in architecture patterns and technology ecosystems including data center architecture, application architecture patterns, integration architecture patterns, technology standards, non-functional technical requirements, and computing paradigms.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS are listed below:
- Determine and document the application architecture including hosting, infrastructure configuration(DBs, middleware, etc.), firewall concerns and major interfaces(data/services). Include details for each region required including for example dev, test/QA, production.
- Determine and document all data interfaces including detail regarding data exchanged, mechanism of the exchange, frequency etc. Likely systems include IPS, ODMS CIM, OSI OpenNet, OSI SCADA, Planning, RTO's, Compliance tools
- Ensure CIM is leveraged where appropriate
- Assist and ensure alignment between CAPE and the TNexus Program
- Design and deliver solutions to meet complex business needs.
- Investigate and clarify business unit pain-points, address needs, develop and communicate solution options
- Leverage standard reference architectures, design patterns, technology guidelines and standards.
- Produce all architectural solution and project deliverables without assistance;
- Act a key Subject Matter Expert and for technology leadership on specific technical and business topics.
- Mentor, guide and oversee one or more junior solution architects.Work with the project team and leadership to ensure success of the projects in their portfolio.
- Participate in project decision-making to ensure trade-offs between project delivery and architectural goals are well-reasoned.
- Active contributor in the assessment of supported business unit solution portfolio, including the development of current- and future-state views of a given solution portfolio efforts.
Education: Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical field is required.
Experience: 8 years of relevant work experience is required.
An equivalent combination of education and related experience may be considered.
Self directed and dependable to produce high quality work in a timely manner.
Contribute to the development and unity of the teams work on
Bring strong technical decision making skills to the team
Effectively communicate appropriately through verbal and written channels to inform IT and Business Leadership and project teams.
Physical demand level is Sedentary