INFICON is a leading provider of innovative instrumentation, critical sensor technologies, and Smart Manufacturing/Industry 4.0 software solutions that enhance productivity and quality of tools, processes, and complete factories. These analysis, measurement and control products are essential for gas leak detection in air conditioning/refrigeration and automotive manufacturing. They are vital to equipment manufacturers and end-users in the complex fabrication of semiconductors and thin film coatings for optics, flat panel displays, solar cells and industrial vacuum coating applications. Other users of our vacuum-based processes include the life sciences, research, aerospace, packaging, heat treatment, Laser cutting and many other industrial processes. We also leverage our expertise in vacuum technology to provide unique, toxic chemical analysis products for emergency response, security, and environmental health and safety.
As an Applications Engineer you will be responsible to support INFICON's semiconductor products focusing on sensor integration with our FabGuard Software platform and semiconductor process equipment. This position is based in Albuquerque NM, supporting a major manufacturing facility in Rio Rancho NM and its sister facilities worldwide. You will work remote from your home office!
- Deploy and Support sensor integration and FabGuard Software Platform on broad array of semiconductor process equipment
- Create recipes and data analysis of tool based sensors (data), INFICON sensors and the customer's sensors for the purposes of Fault Detection and Classification (FDC) using FabGuard
- Provide technical assistance within areas of specialty for customers.
- Provide written and oral feedback to the customer on applications work including process troubleshooting, recipe development, and installation procedures.
- Identify unexplored process areas where INFICON sensors and software can add value to the customer.
- Provide written and oral feedback to onsite account Manager on weekly activities, customer requests, needs and requirements.
- Provide onsite training on INFICON products including FabGuard FDC software, INFICON hardware usage and basic troubleshooting.
- Provide installation support of INFICON equipment as needed, which includes sensors, FabGuard software and Leak Detectors.
Bachelors degree or better in Engineering.
2-4 years: Min. 2 years' experience working in a semiconductor fab environment. Understanding of semiconductor processes and vacuum basics is preferred.
2-4 years: Basic understanding of computers, networking is a plus.
INFICON provides a dynamic work environment that promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our employees experience on going green initiatives, flexible work hours, and a variety of health and wellness programs.
INFICON's forward thinking approach offers countless opportunities to design, support, and manufacture a diverse product portfolio that expands globally. Our Lean and Agile work environment offers a competitive salary, relocation assistance, a discretionary bonus and generous employee benefits; major medical, dental, health, vision, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement and more!
INFICON, is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal opportunity to all job seekers that apply without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, age, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. A notice describing Federal equal employment opportunity laws is available and to reaffirm this commitment.
- 2 - 4 years: Min. 2 years' experience working in a semiconductor fab environment. Understanding of semiconductor processes and vacuum basics is required.
- 2 - 4 years: Basic understanding of computers, networking is a plus.
- Bachelors or better in Engineering
- Computer Skills
- Analytic/Problem Solving
- Data Analysis
- Organizational Skills
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Work-Life Balance: Inspired to perform well by having ample time to pursue work and interests outside of work
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)