Are you thinking about improving your career development and your professional growth? If you wish to further develop your career with one of the most successful logistics organizations we are looking for a Customer Care Specialist.
The Operational Care Specialist manages the coordination of customer shipments by securing buy rates and capacity with qualified carriers/partners. Specifically, the Operational Care Specialist will be part of a team (Operational Care Centers) responsible for coordinating transport activities by: accomplishing the necessary bookings with our partners, implementing the requisite data entry associated with transport document generation, generating the required documentation, and working with our customer care specialists to ensure specific requirements are met (Transit Times, Carrier selection) All of these activities are to be performed in compliance with rules and regulations governing air transport and associated national protocols and performed by Kuehne+Nagel operational systems. You will report to the National Air Logistics Operational Care Manager.
- You will maximize using Kuehne+Nagel core operating systems by using Air Logistics System.
- Monitor performance related to processes and collaborate with the Air Logistics Process Manager to lead and automate use related to processes.
- You will negotiate and maintain vendors and ensure their tariffs are uploaded into Air Log System.
- Increase carrier use by reviewing cargo flows and collaborating with partners to implement changes that benefit Kuehne+Nagel and our customers.
- Monitor vendor and carrier performance measures and communicate with all partners to improve performance.
- Collaborate with the Customer Care Location to ensure we achieve our customer service commitments, and collaborate with the Revenue Care Center to ensure all costs and exceptions are noted in real-time to ensure accurate invoicing and maximize gross profit.
- Communicate and provide updates to customers until final mile delivery is made.
- Monitor export and import shipments and escalate any discrepancies to the management team. Identify overland carriers for shipment moves.
- You will prepare spot quotes for shipments.
Your Skills and Experiences
- 2+ years of experience with import procedures.
- Basic knowledge of freight forwarding.
- Support both customers (indirectly) and company partners to ensure satisfaction and service excellence.
Good Reasons to Join
We offer a great compensation package, medical, dental, and retirement benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a dynamic global work environment. At Kuehne+Nagel we strive daily to Inspire, Empower and Deliver not only to our customers but colleagues.