** This position is eligible to work in a hybrid work model (combination of in-office and remote days). **JOB SCOPE
Responsible for engineering activities that maintain and enhance the company's linear video content acquisition, delivery, and monitoring systems. This is a multi-tiered design & support role that interacts with Video Product & Video Operations Teams, as well as Supply Chain to deliver linear video content into the Charter network. The role is responsible for participating in the development of technical architectures and direction across a set of internal business applications, participating in cross functional technical development efforts, delivering business critical projects while maintaining high morale, managing the operational activities in an efficient and professional manner and ensuring all team targets are met, as advised, by Video Operations leadership. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Participate in the testing of new firmware, software, and hardware supporting Charter's linear video content acquisition and monitoring solutions.
- Participate in a Tier 4, 7/24 on-call rotation for a week about every 5-6 weeks supporting escalations of video transport technical issues impacting customer experience
- Implement test plans to validate functionality, performance, and business requirements provided by product and engineering teams for linear video acquisition.
- Participate in the evaluation, selection, and deployment of new applications, hardware and test tools including automation frameworks.
- Provide timely and accurate information and status updates to functional leaders.
- Provide day-to-day leadership, mentoring, and technical guidance to team members.
- Participate in the development and implementation of standards, policies, and procedures.
- Understand the technical roadmaps within Video Operations to ensure compliance with established technical solutions/architectures.
- Participate in the development of project cost estimates and schedule forecasts.
- Develop, design and implement linear video content acquisition and monitoring solutions.
- Work with Video Operations teams on the implementation of linear video content acquisition and monitoring related projects.
- Support operations and work with vendors and engineering, as needed, to resolve customer, content quality, or redundancy related issues.
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum six (6) years of experience working within a video operations environment
- Minimum three (3) years video engineering experience
- Minimum three (3) years of video acquisition experience
- Minimum three (3) years of project management experience
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with Video acquisition and monitoring, with equipment such as: Various IRD vendor models, Synamedia DCMs, Sencor DMG1200, and TeleStream (formerly Tektronix and IneoQuest) monitoring devices.
- Advanced knowledge of Video Compression: MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H264, HEVC, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of Audio Compression: Dolby AC3, Dolby Digital Plus, AAC, etc.
- Solid knowledge of OTA reception, transcoding/encoding, transport, multiplexing, modulation, and common cable CPE
- Solid knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Physical Media (Multimode Fiber, Singlemode Fiber, UTP, etc.), bridging, switching, routing, Ethernet and transport technologies and protocols
- Understanding of IP networking, TCP/IP protocols, Routing and Switching
- Understanding of Arris (DAC) and/or CISCO (DNCS) video delivery systems
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations.
- Ability to work with and lead cross functional teams including Product, Operations, IT, Care, etc.
- Ability to self-manage time and priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (Cisco CCNA, SBE Certified Broadcast Networking Engineer (CBNE) , or Advanced DVB & MPEG Stream Structure, Analysis and Troubleshooting certification)
#LI-AK EVD335-VIDEO 321381 321381BR
Here, employees don't just have jobs, they build careers. That's why we believe in offering a comprehensive pay and benefits package that rewards employees for their contributions to our success, supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage of life.
The pay for this position has a salary range of $85,900.00 to $152,300.00
. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses.